PDA

View Full Version : Hello :) new person

evak2979
16-12-11, 21:10
Hello,
I have been reading these forums for some time; I've found so many people with similar symptoms to my own that made me realise I am not all alone out there...
God, where does one start?
An emotional fail started me off with waking up one night with a numb arm and immediately thinking I had MS...Even though the numbness went away in seconds.
Ever since, and following up on symptoms (you know how that song goes :), I spent weeks believing I had some disease noone could spot...
I would wake up in the night feeling this odd tremor inside me, but my friends who slept over to support me or mother told me I was not trembling.
Stiff muscles here and there, itchiness here and there, fatigue out of not eatting.

Doctor after doctor, A&E after A&E, all doctors reassured me nothing is wrong with me and yet I kept going, I kept inquiring, etc.
Finally someone put me on citalopram..

First days were hell. I felt my nerves electrified. The night tremors multiplied, but then slowly it all became easier.
Now on 20s, same thing for a bit but now it's easier.

Sometimes I feel my muscles on my calves or forearms stiff, and I won't think reasonably...

I guess my dream is not to believe I have nothing 'wrong' with me. I may or may not, (probably not,other than stress and cita side effects).

My dream is to learn to live my life and not care about such things, or spend too much time worrying about them.

Thanks for reading, thanks for letting me read and taking courage from similar stories.

This is a haven for people like us.

All the best,
Evan,
PhD student

nomorepanic
16-12-11, 21:12
Hi evak2979

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

evak2979
17-12-11, 01:04
I am a computer science PhD student :)
Yes, the whole situation is affecting me..I am on a medical leave but I am struggling to get through with it...
How did you manage to handle your MS fears?
As for doctors, sometimes they do. I am just concerned they do not take me seriously because of my anxiety condition. That is how silly I am :).
Thank you for responding, it means the world to me...
Any tips would be welcome.
All the best,
Evan

Vanilla Sky
17-12-11, 06:16
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x