PDA

View Full Version : Constant Sinus Tachycardia?

katie23
16-12-11, 21:19
I'm currently pregnant with my first baby, I don't know if this has set of my health anxiety again as I am getting closer to the birth of her due on the 15th feb!

The past two weeks I hae been sent to hospital with constant sinus tachycardia I get 108-127 Bpm een when resting!

I don't know if my anxiety is setting off again as sometimes this happens my body will freak out before my mind does...if that makes sense.

I didn't notice the fast pulse until the Dr pointed it out and sent me hospital but now im so obsessed about it that it's making me not want to go out the house because im scared of fainting!!

Is anyone else suffering from tracycardia and is it almost constant at the min it's at 108 BPM!

I just keep freaking out i'm going to die.... :flow:

Dnvgraphics2k12
16-12-11, 21:37
Hey Katie

Of course your not going to die :) trust me on that one anxiety is a funny thing and can do alout to someones body your just anxious you have a lot going on hun a fast heartrate is scary my heart rate is always in the high when i rest 120bpm and thats low for me hehe mine has gone very very high at one point and im still here :) pm me anytime you want to talk x i know its hard not to worry but your fine big hugs :D

countrygirl
16-12-11, 22:29
Sinus tachy below 160bpm is nothing to worry about and the Drs won't bother below that as well. They only want to do something if your heartbeat is above 160 for prolonged time.

Its perfectly normal for your heartbeat to speed up during pregnancy anyway as it has to work alot harder especially the nearer to your date you are.

I only have to look at a bp machine or walk through the door of my Drs surgery and my heartrate is at least 120bpm resting and its pure anxiety.

katie23
16-12-11, 22:41
Thanks alot for your replys!! I was just really worried I guess Health anxiety gets you thinking all things..

It's only 8 beats higher then it should be so it's not like that high I guess it's just hard to understand!

True I only hae nine weeks left now and I'm getting quite big!

I think that's what happens with me my Pulse was 108 sat there then as soon as the cardiologist walked to me it shot up to 127! x

Dnvgraphics2k12
17-12-11, 13:37
Mine maxed out at 320bpm But i was very ill your fine hun like country girl said your close to your due date so its bound to be up :) x

Dazza
17-12-11, 14:15
As scary as it feels, tachycardia at those levels is not dangerous. I used to get it every day, as I used to focus on my heart rate to much, which resulted in it being elevated often.

I worry much less about it now and it happens less. And when it does, I practice deep breathing and relaxation to get it down.

My heart rate is now normally between about 60-90bpm at rest.

Shellbell80
03-03-12, 18:02
OMG !!! this is exactly what happens to me im so pleased im not alone this has been going on for me for 4 months and it scares me to death please can someone reply to tell me how they deal with this beta blockers dont help me and im on citrlopram but nothing really helps. I think the racing heart just feeds my anxiety even more :weep: