PDA

View Full Version : really scared before bedtime

blueboy87
17-12-11, 00:51
the last few days, ive been feeling really anxious and scared just before and during going to bed. i will feel ok up until the point that i think about going to bed. it maybe that im scared of what the morning brings, which is usually being really really anxious and panicky and unsettled, but im not sure. my sleeping has been terrible aswell, no matter what time i actually get to sleep i always end up waking up around 6.30am.
this is all really worrying me. has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? and if so how have you gone about dealing with this situation?

eva82
17-12-11, 01:13
Yes I've been going through the same thing. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed, I know that 2-3 hours later I'll wake up with anxiety (breathing feels off, stomach churning, feeling of impending doom). Then I have to do a relaxation meditations or deep breathing just to relax enough so I can hopefully get a few more hours of sleep. It's horrible!

Are you on any meds? I'm only on lorazapam which helps during the day but does nothing for the intense night time and early morning panic feelings. I must add that I have pretty severe health anxiety so I'm always thinking I have some horrible undiagnosed condition... I'm sure that's why I don't get any peace at night. Sorry your also going through a similar situation. :(

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

Wanted to add that a few months ago I was on a medication called mirtazapine which helped my sleep patterns a lot! I came off of them because I didn't feel like it was helping my anxiety much, but I'm going to talk to my doctor next week about maybe giving them another try. This medication is an anti depressant that is well known for helping those with insomnia and loss of appetite. I'll let you know how it goes!

blueboy87
17-12-11, 04:46
thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated. i hope your problems get resolved. please do let me know how you get on with that sleeping medication, i may wish to discuss it with my doctor on monday.
as you may be able to tell by the time of this post, its currently 4.42am, my sleeping didnt go to well. i went to bed at just before 1am, felt mostly ok actually, did a little bit of scribbling and fell asleep. only to wake up at around 2.30am, felt bad but managed to get about another hour of half sleep then had to get up. i was feeling too anxious to just lie there, maybe ill try to get some more sleep later if my nerves settle down a little bit.

eva82
17-12-11, 06:22
I feel for you, I really do! I have had nights like the one you just described and it's no fun. All we want is a decent nights sleep. It's crazy how much I took that for granted before I developed an anxiety disorder. I never had a problem getting 8 hours of sleep straight through. Now it's just a mess. It's only 10:30 pm here in Los Angeles, and I usually don't go to bed for another hour or so... I'm hoping for a better night than I had yesterday! Take care xx

blueboy87
17-12-11, 09:00
well i hope you get that great nights sleep. but apparently youre still online so maybe not, i hope youre ok

does anyone have any tips for improving sleep?