PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys - here's a weird one - trembling hand

janie
05-06-06, 19:22
Well today has not been so bad and later this aft the chest pain eased ..... only to be replaced with my left hand trembling when I rest it on something. If I hold it out in front of me it doesn't tremble but if I press it against anything it shakes???!!!! How bizarre - any ideas?? xxx

jill
05-06-06, 20:11
Hi Janie

I have had this a few time's when I lean on something my hand shook, don't know why it happens, it sooo strange. It has also happened in one of my legs, sitting in a certain possition my leg shook, very strange. I put it down to an anxiety symptom, or maybe we are just leaning on a nerve.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

giddy
05-06-06, 20:37
Hi - I think its probably because you're affecting a nerve. I can make my leg do the same if I sit and go up on my toes in a certain way.
Love Helen

jackie
05-06-06, 21:34
tension, and many people get it. it is made worse because as with us we focus on every 2 noise our bodies make. i can remember things like this happening years ago but i did not fear it and it went away

it is our fears that are crippling us, not the symptoms you mention

jackie

Meggy
06-06-06, 02:04
I'm not sure this will address the problem you're having but I'll throw it in. When I worked in labor and delivery, at some point during the labor of most patients they start shaking. This can be due to hormonal shifting rapidly, exertion, worn out, nervousness or a combination. My personal opinion is that it's a combo.

I'd notice the more a patient tried to stop it? The worse it got. I started telling them - just let it go, shake, rattle and roll and? The shaking would stop very quickly, usually in a few minutes. I think the reason why is because the more we try to stop shaking, the tenser the muscles get, more rigid, which causes muscles to tremble/shake more.

I have a head injury and my right hand is weak. If I used it too much it starts a fine trembling. People have noticed it and always amazingly to me say something like - did you know your hand is shaking? NO - really? If I just let it tremble? It stops much faster than if I try to control it. I'd be interested if you try this, if it helps you.

Meggy