PDA

View Full Version : Newbie introducing herself

Juicy
05-06-06, 21:08
Hi there - My name is Lucy (24 years old) and I have been suffering and I mean suffering with anxiety attacks since I can remember. I can't recall a time in my life to date that I haven't had them. Not only do I have panic attacks I also have social phobia in the way I hate going to social events, eating in restaurants etc, all the things which I would love to do but are too scared to do them often as its such a struggle. I also have a fear of vomiting which if i'm truthful is the worst of all my issues. I'm currently having CBT therapy which is going ok. I just wish there was a magic pill out there that I could take that would sort me out for good.

As a newbie I hope all the above made sense and I hope to hear from all of you soon - Thank you for reading x

jackie
05-06-06, 21:40
wed all love the magic pill but i really think it does not exist

we can offer you a sense that you are not alone here which too can be a blessing

i hope this is enuf

jackie

Southern_Belle
06-06-06, 02:48
Welcome and I know you will find help here. I too have suffered with anxiety for as long as I can remember. You will make alot of friends here.

Bel

JP
06-06-06, 10:42
i know what you mean about the magic pill idea! i want my social phobia to just disappear! i also am curently having CBT and wondered what form yours takes? is it relaxation techniques or is it more graduated exposure ie exposing yourself to situations you find difficult and seeing what happens? would be interested to compare notes!

jp

tisa
06-06-06, 11:37
Hello there - I'm a new member. My name is Karen (29 yrs old). I suffer from anxiety, mainly social anxiety, which recently resulted in me having to leave my job. Like yourself Lucy, I find social events very difficult & find myself avoiding certain situations. I worry that people are looking at me & can tell that I feel anxious & uncomfortable.

I look forward to hearing from you & anyone out there who can relate to the above.

Karen : )

xladyjx
14-06-06, 07:10
Hi Lucy! Welcome to the site, Im also new here...
I completely understand how you feel, I also have social anxiety (as well as OCD and Trichotillomania) and I can so relate with what you said about not being able to go to social events but I think it makes it worse that we are at the ages (Im 21) that going out clubbing and pubbing are what its all about...
If you have msn and fancy chatting there pls let me know chick!
Take care
Jen xxx

Nicki22
14-06-06, 13:41
Hi there hun..
I too suffer from panic attacks and social phobia I find social events very difficult and find myself avoiding certain situation..i always think to myself i should be going out to pubs wiv my partner as im only young (22) but i cant face it

feel free to pm me hun xx

carol1969
07-07-06, 13:59
Welcome to the forum and hope you get some good advice from this site as i have.
Carol x

If you have peace of mind you have everything

missacorah
10-07-06, 20:38
Hi you all sound so much like me but I think the thing is you should only do things when you are ready yourself not when anybody else tells you (by that I mean frinds/colleagues etc, not people offering advice on the site!).If any of you are interested I have just posted a brief outline of how my problems started on the panic attacks forum. My biggest fear is of fainting in public and embarrassing myself. I am not worried about people looking at me etc but feel I need to get out sometimes or I will faint. This never happens of course. It is a truly horrible thing.