PDA

View Full Version : Please help, am I going insane?

Paniclissx
17-12-11, 16:56
For the past couple of days everything has felt a blur but I haven't had anxiety.. I don't know how I feel tbh apart from absolutely terrified.. I feel like I'm going crazy, I've not felt my heartbeat in days.. And at this moment in time I feel really within myself I don't feel like talking, I feel like I can't even tell people how I feel! I can't take anything in, nothing seems real and it's so scary, it's like I can't think! Please someone help, does anyone else get this? Am I going crazy!? X

xhyperyogix
17-12-11, 17:44
i think it's called 'disocciation', like when your nervous system says - right, i've had enough, i'm shutting down some functions. so it makes everything seem unreal, and for me it's like i 'detach'. it's a normal although scary thing, and will hopefully get better once an overstressed brain gets some respite.

hyper xx

buffybot
17-12-11, 17:48
It sounds like you are numb and are suffering from fatigue it is common to fell like that after a long time of stress
I get exhausted myself and it is a bit like chronic fatigue syndrome but the stress makes you physically ill as in psychomatic disorders.
You are suffering the long term effects of classic anxiety but if you see the Dr for his or her opinion it will not hurt, have you had a virus or bug recently?

Paniclissx
17-12-11, 17:53
Thankyou, it's already got a little better than it was, it's just so horrible it's like I can't connect to reality, I've kept myself busy and a lot of it has passed, I'm just scared that I'm going insane or crazy! :/ Im told by many people including my doctor that it's normal for stress and anxiety but it still doesn't make it less scary but it really does help to know its normal an tht I'm not alone :) xx

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

Hi buffybot, I have had several viruses and infections recently and I have spoken to my doctor about it and she has said its stress and anxiety, I'm just so scared I'm going crazy an that sonething bad is going to happen to me!, I don't feel particularly tired or anything just really concerned and worried. X