PDA

View Full Version : prickly feeling in throat

mummy5
18-12-11, 08:30
hi iv suffered panic attacks a long time and never had this symptom till this morning after a major panic attack i took my propranalol (i take it as and when i need it ) and have got this prickly feeling in throat iv never had it before i get tight feeling in throat and feeling astho something is stuck but never prickly just wondered if anyone else has had this thanks for reading

Andromeda
18-12-11, 12:39
Yep. Used to get it all the time. I sometimes get it now if I'm a little dehydrated.

I recommend a hot drink when it bothers you. Something like a caffeine free fruit tea!

As long as you can still breathe, you know it's just anxiety :hugs:

Tommyyy
18-12-11, 14:42
What do you reckon caused it? Taking the tablets or not?

I've taken my Sertraline and been convinced it was stuck in my throat, I could feel it there hours later!

:)

mummy5
18-12-11, 18:33
thankyou andromena and tommyy sweet dont think its the tablets as iv took them for a few years on and off so hopefully just anxiety and i was on sertraline and i used to get realy bad tingly feelings in hands but didnt get the throat feeling while on them maybe its just your anxiety making you feel as tho something is stuck i get that a lot x

Andromeda
18-12-11, 22:16
What do you reckon caused it? Taking the tablets or not?

I've taken my Sertraline and been convinced it was stuck in my throat, I could feel it there hours later!

This sensation is normal if the tablet scratches your throat on the way down. It's very common and harmless.

Tommyyy
19-12-11, 08:44