PDA

View Full Version : again down below issue...

Em.ma
18-12-11, 13:54
(WARNING to all who dont like sensitive subjects)...

Today in the shower this morning i felt like an itch down below for 1 second if that so i went "investigating" :( wish i hadnt to see what it was and could find nothing. but after i had i went to the loo and it stung a bit to go and came out in parts (not a constant flow)
ive got my self in right state over it again now. so have drank a pint of water as to make my self go again and see if it stings. can the touching of down below aggrivate the area. i have used nail polish remover today but rinsed hands with soap after.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

i do get painful back spaspms. i gasp for air and cant move during them- they last a few seconds. so very worried it may be kidneys.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

and omg i forgot to wash my hands after and have just eaten fruit with my hands :(

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

no stigning felt normal this time i went.
worried about that it got in my mouth though

hannah825
18-12-11, 14:01
id say (i was a 2nd year student nurse before i stopped due to baby and ill health) do a sample take to docs to rule out a water infection, always wash hands wipe front to back and urinate after sex. if you have a discharge thats not offensive in smell you may have thrush its common.

Em.ma
18-12-11, 14:11
Ok thank you :)
thats why im worried as after invesitgating and using the loo i didnt wash my hands and then ate with my hands :) x

hannah825
18-12-11, 14:25
id not worry it may of been just an itch

daisycake
18-12-11, 19:38
Have become a bit knowledgable about femaley issues as have had bladder and girly problems for most of my life, so hope I can help a bit :hugs:

It's very normal for your bottom to itch - and there's no need to worry about investigating every time you feel a twinge. It's normal and good to have an awareness of your body and what you have, so don't panic - but it really can't be much fun checking yourself all the time. Just a simple check when washing (with water and soap designed for that area!) should do you fine.

The only things you need to worry about are if you get a very obviously yellow discharge (or green, or frothy, or greyish), if you get a blood stained discharge or any discharge that causes an itch or a burning feeling - trust me, you will know if that's happening. I had thrush and could not sit down because I was so itch, I was lying on my bed crying!

Stingy wee is normal sometimes - irratation of the urethra (where you wee from) can happen if you are using tampons, rubbing with loo roll or poking with fingers.. I've always been told it is only if you are suffering consistent severe discomfort that you ought to see a GP.

If it keeps going try seeing the pharmacist for a bit of cystitis relief meds, or the GP for antibiotics.

Skin wise - what you'll be keeping an eye on is just the general appearance and feel, as you would with anywhere else. Don't panic if you do find anything wrong - it is very, very rare to experience any serious problem down below before going through the menopause - but there are conditions (and I can write a book on the ones I've gone through) that can become very uncomfy if left, hence why it's a good idea to keep an eye on what's happening. Remember the feel of everything changes at times - if you are near your period, ovulating, just after period or if you are, *ahem*, turned on so if you are going to investigate (because most of us do in the bath I imagine!) it is best to do so at a neutral time, not while you are due periods or anything like that.

If you are still worried go see a female GP or ask Mum - but you sound fine :)

Em.ma
19-12-11, 22:36
Thanks. Daisy that was big help.
Today i have yellow-ish discharge lol but ive had this before and it goes after a couple of days. proberly period cycle?

PinkRoxy
20-12-11, 07:10
I get that all the time the vaginal itching and my bladder is always playing up.
I was going for a UTI test every month during my monthly cycle but kept coming back fine and then realised it was always my period giving my bladder grief.

But I know what you mean when the weather is cold or some odd times my bladder will be sore even after I wee.

I have an irritable bladder and overactive bladder though and going to get tests done for endometriosis.

Anyway with the vaginal itching I notice it comes on and off and sometimes its so itchy that I feel like scratching hard down there until it really hurts because the tiching can be too much.

My gp gave me some thrush cream just in case otherwise she said it can be quite normal before a period.

daisycake
20-12-11, 19:36
Thanks. Daisy that was big help.
Today i have yellow-ish discharge lol but ive had this before and it goes after a couple of days. proberly period cycle?

It will be yep.

Apparently it should go:

Period
Dry
Bit of discharge but not a lot
Yucky, egg whietish stuff
Stickyish stuff
Period

According to a fertility website anyway - people check their discharge for changes to see if they are ovulating or not.. And any colour, from white to a slightly yellowish colour is normal. Heck, I have had slightly green discharge without a problem. The chances of you developing anything terrible (an STI or cervical problems) are very, very slim if you have not yet had sex. All you can realistically get is a bacterial infection or thrush, and like I said, with both you will know - they hurt, they itch, they sting etc; it'd be very difficult to be at all unsure if you had an infection as the symptoms are usually terrible, easily treated mind but terrible!

Em.ma
22-12-11, 16:30
Thank you. that really helped :) x

PinkRoxy
24-12-11, 06:34
This week Ive noticed that I have a yellow discharge too and Im really itchy in the vaginal area and I get an odd pain when I wee like a tingling feeling and sometimes its such a strong tingle and others its a just mild.

I have bladder issues but the pain hasnt lasted this long Ive had it since monday and wont go away.

I am wondering what that all could be whether I just have thrush that has reached my bladder too or whether its just my typical bladder playing up.