PDA

View Full Version : Help with calming body down when waking

Skakitty
18-12-11, 13:49
Hi,

I wanted to ask advice on my most annoying symptom- I know it is just general anxiety but i need to know if there is any way of lessening it?

When i wake up in the morning, i get strong palpitations, a buzzing of adrenaline around my whole body, even if my thoughts are calm.
It stays with me the entire day and only seems to get a bit better in the evenings. I have tried the deep abdominal breathing, positive affirmations, all the CBT techniques i know and they help *whilst* i'm doing them but i can only do them for so long before i need to work, or drive or do some other task, and all these feelings comes right back.

What sets it off is an emotional response, i'm having some relationship issues at the moment, and so an example is, i saw a picture i didn't want to see of my boyfriend with another girl, and immediately the panic response set in.... I managed to talk to him and resolve this issue but the symptoms are still present 3 days later.

help :(

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

.. and this is a reoccurring thing, i was put on Citalopram 20mg beginning of October and it worked really really well- all my anxiety symptoms (these same symptoms i'm having again) vanished and i felt good until a few days ago, i feel like this one little trigger has set me back to square 1 with regards to physical symptoms, even though mentally i was able to cope pretty well and get back on track.