PDA

View Full Version : any advice needed re: swollen glands

LauraJay
18-12-11, 16:24
hi everyone,

Ive posted here a few times about swollen lymph nodes/glands in neck. Ive had 6 DRS tell me they are fine, and I've been referred to an ENT who did an ultrasound to 'close the book' on it. Ultrasound showed enlarged nodes but nothing suspicious enough for biopsy. He said they looked reactive and he'd seen malignant ones before, and they look nothing like them.

Lumps are still there, across the right side of my neck. Most of them move under the skin but some feel more fixed.

Its honestly draining my energy and joy in life, as much as this should reassure me theres a nagging feeling that somethings not right, or else they wouldnt be there.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Anyone? :(

skyisblue
19-12-11, 05:28
Hi we have a very common problem. I've been to an ENT who dismissed it as an enlarged node.

Here's my story: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=914271

LisaBri
19-12-11, 06:08
I wouldn't worry about it. It may be just the way you are wired :)
If the dr doesn't seemed concerned then just relax..Monitor the size and if it gets bigger go back..

LauraJay
19-12-11, 09:04
I'm going back to the DR today to see if I can do something else about it, ie get them removed or look at my report in more detail from the ultrasound. This is driving me nuts, and my bf and family...ive honestly just had enough. :(

Most normal people in my situation would be reassured by now.

LauraJay
19-12-11, 15:41
Well I went back to DRs, he's certain I'm suffering from bad HA since 6 drs have looked at me and said Im fine, plus ive had an ultrasound also saying I'm fine.

He wants to refer me for some cognative behavioural therapy, thinks the trigger was my sister passing away due to cancer 7yrs ago. I dont know, I'd be happy if they vanished entirely :(

Must. Stop. Worrying!

LisaBri
20-12-11, 05:18
I hope all goes well! Yes you must stop worrying!.. :)

justina
20-12-11, 21:44
I am sure that your glands are normal.
To lose a family member can trigger these problems, it happened to me as well.
I think you can trust all those doctors...
:hugs:

LauraJay
21-12-11, 11:53
Thanks everyone for your kind replies.

I have a follow-up consultation with the ENT on Friday (as my radiologist shouldnt have given me any results). I'll push for a solid answer then because I'm sick of this stress and chasing people up, but since the radiologist wasnt concerned, I doubt the ENT will be...