PDA

View Full Version : Sinus problems and anxiety.......

Em84
18-12-11, 15:20
Hello, ok so I've been cold turkey off Sertraline for about 4 week or so now and I've been feeling pretty good....

Although my Anxiety symptoms have been sky high the last few days with the constant adrenaline rush etc etc.

I've been having sinus (I think) dramas for about two weeks now, nasal dripping which is clear, feels like my head is full, jaw numbness now and again, nose pressure, feels like there's constantly something stuck in my throat....is this sinusitis? I don't have a fever or anything and otherwise feel well....my adrenaline rush feeling is really intense at the min and I feel bait shaky.

I've taken some Sudafed but not much improvement....

Can your anxiety heighten with sinus problems....
:hugs:

Tero
18-12-11, 15:26
I think they are unrelated but keep the sudafed to a minimum, it can raise anxiety.

carefree68
18-12-11, 20:50
Have you tried steam to help with pressure. I too have sinus problems but not sure they are related. But who knows

Pigeon
19-12-11, 11:30
Please don't worry. I think your anxiety is the cause of some of the symptoms you're describing. I'm not an expert but the nose pressure, stuffy head and throat lump feeling are all very familiar to me - in fact I've had them all for the past three months, along with some other rather strange symptoms (cramp in tongue - what's all that about!!?)
Try to ignore it all. Instead, treat yourself, do things you enjoy and look forward to Xmas. xx

sherylee xx
19-12-11, 14:33
i have exactly the same things and thought it was my sinuses and my gp said it probably was but of course im worryin that its not :( xx

swgrl09
20-12-11, 16:47
I am going through the same thing ... clear nasal drainage is almost always a sign of allergies. And mine got worse in November/December (odd right?), but I guess winter allergies can occur because you are trapped inside with all the dust/dander, etc. I am going to ask my doc to get me tested to see what I am allergic to, I think it may be my cat ... I hope not! Try an antihistamine and see if that helps.

When I first went through this, I was on antibiotics over and over again and it kept coming back. Then I tried taking an antihistamine and I felt better! So I knew it was allergies.

Other things that help - nasal spray (saline), netipot