PDA

View Full Version : Pink discharge.. worrying!

LuSmith
18-12-11, 16:33
I posted this part in the normal health worry forum section, then realised there was a female problem subsection so maybe I can get more of an answer on this here...

For four weeks after I had my baby I had the normal bleed (lochia) which stopped and calmed after this. Two weeks later however it started spotting pink discharge again which went on until week seven and a half where I had a depo injection for contraception. The pink discharge stopped almost the next day, I only had a browny coloured discharge. For me in the past I've always had an odd (and sometimes smelly discharge,) had every test under the sun for STDs and a smear test for everything to come back normal.

Now however after two weeks of being on the depo jab, my pink discharge spotting has come back. I have pelvic cramps though I'm told IBS can interfere with your abdomen. I'm absolutely petrified in case it's a cyst or something worse... the doctor refuses me a smear test now as I had one two years ago. I know the depo jab can cause abnormal spotting and irregular periods but this soon after it?? I've only had one jab but if the side effects are going to make me paranoid I'm going to switch to the pill to avert my paranoia.

I doubt that I would have any cancer obviously so soon after having my baby (only ten weeks ago) and I didn't really have any problems before (I have frequent urination problems but that could be overactive bladder or IC bladder). My bowels were fine though, as were my periods (regular and normal).. nothing other than the discharge which I mentioned to doctors to no concern.

What could it be though for it to be spotting before the depo jab and then come back two weeks later? :shrug: I'm extremely worried and overdoing it, thinking too much about it and am at the doctors nearly all the time lately with problems. I should really be concentrating on other things. :blush:

I have an external ultrasound to check my uterus on 11th Jan, which is a little way from now but I'm not sure how much that will show.. will they be able to see most abnormalities on this? I haven't had a proper pelvic examination as at my seven week check I was still too tender and tense. I keep thinking of endometreosis or cysts or.. worse and I know it's unlikely considering I've literally JUST had a baby and didn't have anything to worry about before..

Please ease my mind if you've had any experience with any of the above! I just want to know I'm okay or that I'll be in safe hands. For the record, I'm 27 years old.

constantworrier418
18-12-11, 19:12
Hi

With both my two babies I stopped bleeding after giving birth at around the 6 week stage and then had pink spotting a few weeks later - I did worry but the dr's weren't concerned and 2 weeks later my periods started again so I put it down to an ovulation bleed as it fits with the time scale and my smear a few months later was clear too. If it continues go back to dr's but I think our bodies take time to get back to normal xxx

LuSmith
19-12-11, 13:53
I guess so, part of me thinks it could be the depo screwing with my system but with the fact I had pink spotting two weeks after it stopped it panicked me, then it stopped when I had the jab and came back just a few days ago. I'm just paranoid because I get pelvic pain and soreness too, which doctors brush off as IBS or something