PDA

View Full Version : I feel fine so why do I keep checking my heartbeat?

kimberley95
18-12-11, 17:53
Over the last few days I have been feeling alot better in myself and havnt had any symptoms but I still can't stop feeling my heartbeat to check it is normal. I think it has almost become a habit. How so I stop?

virgo199060
18-12-11, 19:58
I have the same thing. I'm constantly checking my pulse and my temperature (i'm actually taking my temperature as I write this). It does become a habit and can be stressful to just stop doing it, so I suggest you cut down, and i'll do the same!
Only allow yourself to do it once an hour, then once every 2 hours, then twice a day etc etc until you're hardly doing it at all! :) I'm gonna start cutting down now :)
Hope this helps xx

bergertime
19-12-11, 01:33
I do that too. I'm pretty sly about it. It seems to come and go. I'll check it about every hour for a few days and then stop. I also do it with my blood pressure and blood sugar. I don't know why, if my heart stopped beating, I'm not sure checking it would help.

James1983
19-12-11, 08:59
Hello

The heart is a trickster the more you check it the faster it seems to go. I go through periods of constant checking and it makes me more anxious!
The trick is to try to leave it alone easier said than done sometimes.:huh:

ScottyW
19-12-11, 15:26
I'm always checking my pulse too, really wish I'd stop that. If I feel it and it's beating really fast then my anxiety usually creeps in.