PDA

View Full Version : Derealization & Depersonalization help?

mck
18-12-11, 21:33
Hi everyone i'm wondering if anyone can help me or just tell me theyve been through the same thing, I have obsessive compulsive disorder so I know dp/dr is a symptom of this but i find it really hits me hard when i go outside.
I just went out to try and go for a walk and it was like all of a sudden i forgot who i was and the stars are out and i was really trying not to look at them because that makes it worse. The thoughts that went through my head were like 'what am i doing here' 'this cant all be real' 'im on a planet that cant be true' 'what am i doing in this body' 'wat if this is all a figment of my imagination' & these thoughts scare me they make me want to go running back home & never leave tbh lol and for like the whole time its like someone had wiped my brain of who i actually am and what im doing here :wacko:. now im back home its calmed down abit.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this? please reply
Thanks
Dan

Lost22
20-12-11, 22:55
Hi! omg i feel the same way!! i sometimes think what if i am not really here and everything is fake, the world, my family.....what if i just disappear..who am i???? they scare me so much and i also wanted to know if others have this aswell!! i am glad to read that i am not alone.....

Conorm
21-12-11, 10:58
Me too your not alone, im like it at home though too, for example at the dinner table i feel so weird, why am i myself and not someone else, i was looking around at my little sister mum and dad thinking are they real, i did not recognise them, this always gets worse at night, i am 16 years old, and when i go out i have them exact thoughts, and look back at me being out for example got forced to go to my mums friends house to drop of ochristmas stuff looking back feels like it never happened or wasn't real:( anyone have any tips i know its just anxiety my mum has it too, but i just want to get over this asap :)

mck
21-12-11, 15:11
Hi everyone thanks for your replies, i dont have much advice on this but i find googling it just makes it worse, it puts more things in your head. I'm having a bad day today with it & i feel really anxious.
I have also bought the book 'overcoming depersonalization & feelings of unreality' it has CBT things you can do in it but its just hard to motivate yourself to do it when your feeling so rubbish.
But what your both saying I go through exactly the same thing and it is scary as hell and i feel like a complete fruitcake!

Kimberley22
21-12-11, 18:00
hey there, i have real bad OCD its terrible and i dont know if my DR/DP generated from there as my doctor has told me my way of cleaning isnt normal i never thought it was a problem but now i look at it its obsessive.. it makes me see all funny when im inside my house and when the dun goes down its worse the worst thing of it all is when i step out of my front door being outside makes everything look like im in a glass jar made of a lens like a glass lens? but when i come back inside i still cant win because i feel spaced out, im started to wounder if its my OCD thats doing this to me, iv set myself a task today and i actualy havent cleaned so you can image how im feeling right now, i think iv tipped myself over the edge! x

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

and once, about 6 weeks ago i went into town to do abit of shopping and stopped of in this one shop to use the tiolet.. i didnt have a clue how id got there where i was and who i was with.. at that piont i thought well iv gone mad for sure! x

mck
21-12-11, 18:13
hi kimberley,
I think it's definately OCD making me feel like this as it probably is you, I get it where all of a sudden i feel really big and everything looks really small or i feel really small & everything looks really big, I know its just anxiety but its so hard to get it into your head lol.
Someone explained it to me saying its like the more you analyze a word in your head the less it will make sense & i suppose thats what im doing with life & thats why its not making sense. I have the more pure o side of OCD but i did use to have similar obsessions with cleaning and being abit of a neat freak so i know how hard it must be for you. Keep going& it will pass.

Lost22
21-12-11, 20:59
Here is a positive thought from this program i am in. " It's just anxiety. It will go away. I will not lose control. I can still go about my business feeling spaced out, it wont hurt me!...:)