PDA

View Full Version : my 7 year old had palpitations

leanne1980
18-12-11, 21:41
Hi everyone,
I guess im looking for some advice, my 7 year old has just come indoors from being out in the cold, and said his heart felt funny, i felt his pulse and it was quick, Ive been quite calm lately but my stupid head has started panicing theres something wrong with him, he has got a bit of a cold but otherwise fine, do u think it was coming in too a warm house from the cold???
Leanne x

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

ohh and it last a minute or so

crystal17
18-12-11, 22:47
When you felt his pulse could you feel palpitations or was it just quick? If it was just quick then thats totally normal, and coming in from the cold does make your heart feel funny.

macc noodle
18-12-11, 23:51
It is the cold weather and the warm house - nothing more - if you are at all concerned make an appointment to see the GP and get him checked out ahead of the Christmas holidays.

Don't ever apologise for worrying about your child being unwell - better to check it out than to worry over it.

Macc Noodle

xx

leanne1980
19-12-11, 06:02
Yes it was just fast, but he could feel it, but went when I sat him down with something to eat, what is palpitations?? I thought that was a fast beat?? Stupid anxiety x thanks for replying x :)

countrygirl
19-12-11, 12:26
Had he been bending over alot outside - this happened to my son when he was a teenager he was mending his bike and spent ages bent over and when he came into the house he said his heart was racing and it was - me being me we rushed down to Drs and they said this is normal if you are bent over for long, some people faint others get a fast heartbeat. His only lasted about 10 mins as well.

Very cold to hot will do the same. For your peace of mind next time he is at the Dr mention it to the Dr for reassuance.