PDA

View Full Version : was it just a panic attack?? please help im scared. im thinking about going to the dr

johnevans7929
19-12-11, 02:00
a few days ago was one of the scariest things of my life. my psychiatrist said i had hypochondriac tendencies with obsessions and now ive been on citalopram (an antidepressant ssri) for about a month now. but ive been feeling better mostly, most of my side effects have gone away. but a few days ago i had been playing xbox for a while then i got up to go to the bathroom. once i was in there i dont remember too much what happened after wards. i remember i felt like really dizzy and i felt like my vision was going back and forth and i was so scared and i really wanted to call 911 i thought for sure i was dying or something. then i got up and went upstairs. i dont know how long i was in the bathroom. then i started to like come back once i got upstairs but i was still freaking out and i started getting cold sweats big time and i was shaking really hard. i seriously thought that something physical had happened until today when i considered it might have just been my anxiety. it was terrifying and i thought i was going to die. i was scared to tell anyone because my mom already thinks i worry too much and i got an MRI like a month ago that come back clean. could a panic attack could have been that bad? if i had a phone i think i might have called 911....

SomeOddworld
19-12-11, 03:44
Anxiety can cause diziness and vision disturbances, though I would go to docs to stop worrying yourself so it doesn't get worse.

Em84
19-12-11, 07:45
Hi

Sounds to me like a panic attack...I've had one before about 3 in the morning...I felt really dizzy and my vision was odd like everything looked really bright and fuzzy. Couldnt stop shaking and was crying from the fear.

I wasn't sure if there was something else going on, i always thought panic attacks were like on TV (paper bags) like with anything I think that a panic attack would be different for different people....

Try not to worry, I know it sounds hard, im feeling dizzy now and when I think about it I do pretty much everyday along with other annoying symptoms...I forever think I'm going to die of something....
:hugs: