PDA

View Full Version : derealisation help.

wantsnewfriends
19-12-11, 02:24
hello all i have got bad derealisation which is caused from anxiety i feel spaced out all the time im currently reading this website about it.
<link removed>
if you know what im talking about please leave a post or add me for a chat im only 24 and hate feeling like this.

nstama
19-12-11, 15:20
I feel this all the time. It's the worst when I am out with old friends and realize that I'm not the same person that I used to be and it's like I am only have there, or the outside shell of me is there but the rest is somewhere else. I feel it's one of the worst parts of anxiety and I know how you feel. I'm only 19 and I want it to stop too.
So you're not alone. :hugs:

Conorm
06-01-12, 20:00
me too 24/7 and im only 16:( i need some help, i hate it.

Munchlet
06-01-12, 20:45
Hello

I'm new to this site but had to reply to you as I've had this since I was a child and I'm 38 now.

It is one of the most horrible feelings, mine used to be triggered if I was stuck somewhere I couldn't get away from like in a classroom and I'd sit there thinking about it and the more I thought about it the worse it was. It would get to the point that I'd feel I had to get out the room and run somewhere almost so I'd feel that I was existing and still real.

I'd like to say that it goes away but unfortunately I don't think it ever does, but mine has got a lot better as I've got older. When I feel it happening now I just sit and take deep breaths and as hard as it is I try and carry on as normal it then seems to pass fairly quickly.

It's not a cure more a coping mechanism and I'm sure you will find a way to manage this.

Take care

quickman
07-01-12, 01:49
Overhtinking does not help at all. I stare at a picture taken from inside a plane, eg " Montreal at 30,000ft up..." and I'll stare. And stare, and stare, trying to "comprehend" it - instead I get lightheaded and derealise, which essentially makes room for the anxiety to kick in.

xhyperyogix
07-01-12, 02:08
i've had it forever too but only just in the last few years realised its a thing youre not mena tto have!!! oh dear! x

quickman
07-01-12, 02:25
Mine only started when I /really/ went overboard on something I found I feared. >,< Since then I've been able to 'regain' coping with almost anything else - and taming a number of demons this last year - but the one mentioned above is good to screw me with :doh:

CONS
08-01-12, 19:46
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

Please take time to read and hopefully some of it can help you live a much more 'normal' life again,