PDA

View Full Version : why do i always feel like im having a heart attack

scotsman
19-12-11, 06:14
i am having a issue right now. The left side of my face feels numb, my left arm feels a bit numb and wee bit tingly. I have no chest pain, i just keep on getting cold shivers on my chest, from the panic. It has been bothered me since 10pm last night. Been awake since. I keep on thinking i am having a heart attack but i dont have any chest pains, its really upsetting me. I am panicing about it alot, i seem to feel better when i am preoccupied like playing a game.

I take 10mg citaoplam for anxiety, i even took double last night to try and help. I suffer from acid reflux and usually nexium for it. The other week my doctor said the health broad don't want nexium to be perscipted anymore and was given omeprazole. I didnt really think anything of it and started to take them on saturday there.

I don't know if its the omeprazole that has started this...or do i need to go and see the doc about my arm. Any one else had this problem? or even the arm pain, or the numbness on the face

Andromeda
19-12-11, 06:46
Hi scotsman.

The symptoms you have described are very common symptoms of anxiety. A heart attack does not drag itself out i.e. your symptoms would get progressively worse in a short space of time until you keeled over or, as in some cases, you would just drop.

Neither of which has happened to you.

The fact that the symptoms ease with distraction is a key indication that it's just your mind.

Have you had your heart checked out?

scotsman
30-12-11, 23:46
well im still alive and here.

I went to see the doctor on thrusday there. Im not feeling any better. The doctor up my dosage of citalopram from 10mg to 20mg.

The doctor said that the arm pains and neck pains are a trapped nerve and i have just to take pain killers..

I had my heart checked out back 2003 and it was fine andromeda

I feel like something is really wrong with me! i havent had anything like this before and its really scary

ewood79
31-12-11, 23:22
You could try a good physio or massuese to ease some tension?

Meewah
02-01-12, 08:21
Scotsman

Try turning down the volume of your over sensitised body. I do this, I try and do something interesting that includes a little manual work possibly. If I still notice the symptoms bad then I listen to them. The problem is you have told your body to be on high alert night and day and it is doing what it is told. Its listening in to every ache and pain and focusing on it. You need to forcefully move the focus to other things.

You need to busy yourself and it may take a while to get absorbed in it. Be patient. I ran a diary and found that when I was feeling great was when the sun was out and I was busy. As the saying goes " the devil makes work for idle hands"

Hope this helps. Your not alone. chest pains and arm pains cause me a lot of anxiety, I woke at 4.30 am this morning with the feeling of my heart in my stomach, I could not sleep for the feeling and so here I am busying myself on the laptop.

Take Care my friend. The mind is our worst enemy but can also be our best friend.

Mee