PDA

View Full Version : please can someone help

samltyson
06-06-06, 12:02
hi, can someone please give me some advice or explain whats happeing to me.
I have always suffered from depression and ocd but have managed to cope with these problems and deal with them quite well, but two years ago i was eating a meal and thought that i had some stuck in my throat, this set of a massive uncontrolable panic attack. When i finally managed to calm down i just tried to forget about it. Every time since then i often get panicky or fear of choking whenever i eat, so there fore im not eating the first year i dropped from 11 stone to 7 1/2 in a matter of months and then realised that this needed addressing the doctors have said that i have anorexa but i want to eat and i panic whenever i do i have tried telling them that its not because i want to lose weight just i dont want to have a panic attack. Can someone please tell me im not mad and there are other ppl with this kind of problem.

Wannabeloved85
06-06-06, 12:08
You are deffinetly NOT mad. Its simply cos you remember the first time you panicked when you ate, and expect it to happen again.
For eg. I once had a painc attack in the bath, from then on, i avoided the bathroom as much as possible {obviously not easy} i started having to reintroduce myself to the bathroom again and bath. I had my mum sit with me while i got a quick bath and jumped straight out, eventually i got to the point where i am now, can stay in the bath for a full hour to relax without company!
Its going to take time to get back into the habit of eating, i know the feeling of a lump in your throat and that fear of choking if you swallow, i get it every sunday when we have a roast {no idea why!} But i have to eat! Maybe start of with something easy? soup, then add bread and then maybe a stew etc.
Hope ive helped
Becci x