PDA

View Full Version : lightheadedness -constant!

sunday
19-12-11, 12:41
Hi

I just wanted to find out how many people suffered from feelings of lightheadedness all the time? i feel like i'm sorta on the verge of fainting 24/7! it almost feels like a less severe state you get in when you have a panic attack? the passing out feeling? I also get another feeling like i am 'dropping' or 'falling' - this just tends to me for a few seconds though. I can also feel like objects around me are bigger than they are? - very hard to explain, sort of a bit 'trippy'.
I just REALLY want to find out if others are in this sort of state constantly as i'm so worried its something else (even though i've seen a neurologist etc and they havent found anything wrong) i just feel, that if i didnt have this light head all the time, i wouldnt be anxious!!

any responces would be great :-)

pablo22
19-12-11, 14:07
hi! i also feel lightheaded alot of the time, i tends to happens when i give up the fags, probably because i'm breathin better and taking in more oxygen + hyperventalation anyway will make us feels dizzy and lightheaded, even if we arent aware we are hyperventilating!

with regards to the objects being percieved to be different size, i always get this just as i fall asleep!! when im relaxed and have my eyes closed, the head of a pin could seem to take up an entire universe, its a very weird and distressing sensation cause i always think its a sign im going mad! but realistically it is in all probability the anxiety ! :hugs:

sherylee xx
19-12-11, 14:30
i get the same sorta thing xx

Anacbn
24-12-11, 10:36
hello Sunday,
That was always my worse symptom. I googled all kinds od diseases and almost went mad until I convinced myself it was caused by anxiety.
Im much better now and have very few episodes of lightheadness, and they are definitly not 24/7 anymore. Have tried exercising? It really helped me a lot. I also did CBT which made me understand anxiety and help myself to deal with it. Hope it goes away soon. Youve gotta believe it. Happy Christmas

lorra
24-12-11, 14:04
Hi sunday, i have lightheadedness 24/7 too, i've had it for over 7 yrs with the odd good day in between. I thought i was going mad and thought it might be epilepsy. I have asked the doctor for MRI scan but they won't do one as they keep saying it's the anxiety. I'm currently having CBT and have just joined the gym, i'm hoping that these 2 things combined will get me back on track. I always feel nervous when waiting for the traffic lights to change or waiting for the lift as i hate standing. I am find walking, but it's just when i have to stop, and i find meeting people in the street as i feel i will fall over too or 'lose it' . I hope one day we will be free of this to live a normal life. Please feel free to message me anytime, lorra x