PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy Spells

JazPBS
19-12-11, 12:55
For the past three months I've experienced a kind of light headedness/dizziness on and off. I'll just be sitting or standing around and the next thing I'll feel really off balance. It's not like any kind of dizziness I've had before, my surroundings don't seem to spin, I just feel majorly off balance like I might fall over. I even get this when I'm sitting down, which I never used to do. These episodes come randomly, sometimes it can go a week or so between episodes, sometimes just a few hours, and it doesn't particularly seem to be triggered by anything. I've mentioned this problem to my doctor but he just doesn't seem bothered and thinks it's all to do with my anxiety but I'm not sure, I think this dizziness could be causing my anxiety to become more heightened. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

pinkdove
19-12-11, 14:15
Yes, when i first started to become ill, these were my first symptoms.

like you i could just be siting and they came on at funny times, when i was not feeling anxious,

i continued to work full time through them, and finally i had to go to the dr, to cut a long story short, my symptoms were anxiety related, but i needed help, you should perhaps see another gp at your surgery, just to make sure, and get the help you need.

Your dr sounds quite unsympathetic to me, good luck and have a great christmas. x