PDA

View Full Version : new here, please be gentle

mamacool
06-06-06, 12:46
Hi everyone I'm from London and have been suffering from OCD for as long as i can remember. I taught myself ways to live with it mainly by giving in to all impulses or drinking myself unconscious when it all became too much, However, I recently gave birth to my beautiful baby boy and can no longer keep on top of things like I used to nor do I have the option of drinking myself senceless so I am getting help.

I start CBT next week and am absolutely pooing myself, just the thought of having to face my fears turns my stomach and sends my head into a frenzy. I wish I had more strength but at the moment I don't think I can go through with it.

trac67
06-06-06, 12:59
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Alexandra
06-06-06, 14:03
Hi mamacool

Welcome to the forum

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

hayles
06-06-06, 14:18
A big welcome and congats on the birth of your little boy.

Hope you start to feel better soon

Hay x

manmoor
06-06-06, 15:13
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Everyone here is so nice and friendly and theres loads of advice

Mandy

marie ross
06-06-06, 16:15
Hi,

Welcome, i hope you find a lot of help here. Congratulations on the birth of your little boy.

Take care.

Marie XXX

giddy
06-06-06, 17:11
Hello and welcome to the site
Love Helen

shell100
06-06-06, 17:47
Hi there
its scary isnt it having to face stuff :( but they will start u gently & build it up... just hang on in there & when i find im having a really hard time i think of my children & that seems to give me an extra push :)
u can do it :)
hugs
michellex

nomorepanic
06-06-06, 19:19
Hi there. Love the name !

Hope we can be of some help!

Nicola