PDA

View Full Version : Help Please- At the end of my thether!

lavender16
19-12-11, 18:41
I have been experiencing a tender spot underneath my left rib for a few weeks now. In the last week the pain has increased and is radiating through to my back. Lying down is uncomfortable, especially when I move as it feels as though the pain is dragging right through me. In the last two days I have been experiencing discomfort when I eat and am not eating much. I have bad bad ache across the middle of my back and on occasion, I feel slightly acidic too. The pain under my ribs is always there and through my back. I do have a history of IBS too. I have seen the doctor who says that it is a pulled muscle! It certainly doesn't feel like one and I dread going back there as I can't stand the doctors. Sometimes the pain can feel dull or like stitch. I would welcome any responses as it is really getting me down now.

MarkJames3
19-12-11, 19:05
for a couple of months i had a pain down my side, sometimes it would feel dull and other times it would be a sharp pain, i went to the DR and they said you have probably strained something....

the pain played on my mind for a long while but you know what as soon as i got distracted by another health problem! lol the pain went away and i have it no more... even though it was constantly there for like 2 months...

the mind is a very powerful thing! The more you focus on something the worse it gets.

lavender16
19-12-11, 20:22
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I guess I have no faith in my doctors as I find them very dismissive. I have tried doing other things and relaxation exercises, to no avail.