PDA

View Full Version : Blood clots and DVT

SH412
19-12-11, 18:55
I have been having lower leg pains for a few months! Recently it has got worse and now is causing tingling in my feet and pain in knees, ankles and calf muscles. The pain is exactly the same in both legs! I am of course having another blood clot fear ! Does anyone know if it was a blood clot would I have the pain in both legs? I'm freaking out I hate this!!! X

VioletWings
19-12-11, 20:31
It's a horrible fear! I have had calf pain in just one leg the last few days, and now it's doing vibrating/twitchy things, so no idea what's going on!
I don't imagine a blood clot would cause the same symptoms in both legs. Sorry I'm no expert on this, but just thought I'd say I feel your pain! Obviously check in with your doctor if you are beyond worried. I made an appointment today!

leanne1980
19-12-11, 22:32
Hi, please don't panic about blood clots, I had one when I was 22 it was agony I could barely walk, it got worse very quickly, please be reassured by the fact you've had it a while and that it's in both legs, when I'm very anxious my legs always ache badly but do do my arms and armpits,I sometimes worry I'll get another one but it's been 9 years almost. X

EmmerLooeez
19-12-11, 23:36
Please try not to worry, it is just your anxiety chick. I know exactly how you're feeling though, I'm terrified of blood clots. Every twitch or ache I got in my leg was a blood clot according to my head.
You don't have blood clots in both legs, I promise you that.. And if you had a clot in one leg, both wouldn't hurt. Your leg would be very sore and swollen, you wouldn't be able to walk properly and after months of it being like that you would be in severe pain.

You're fine, we've just got to remind ourselves that it's just our anxiety. xxx