PDA

View Full Version : I've been an idiot!

MarkJames3
19-12-11, 19:00
So after getting back my mole biopsy results on friday... i got the all clear by the way...(which the doc said i would!)

All last week, where the plaster had been there was what looked like a new mole, brown in colour about 1-2mm... over the last week i was convinced it was getting bigger, mentioned it to my doc on friday after the results and she just said ahh looks like nothing, maybe a skin irritation...

Over the weekend it played and played on my mind... things like she didnt look at it properly etc

So today i did something stupid and picked at it, made myself bleed and ripped the whole thing whatever it was off.... it came off like a kind of thin scab.... but i feel even worse now and think its going to come back even worse now :(

Rachel W
20-12-11, 05:09
The biopsy was fine and you say this is new and it came off like a scab. Sounds as if the plaster irritated the skin and caused a small abrasion. What would the chances of you having a clear biopsy, only to have something sinister show up on cue like that. Don't pick it, put some ointment on it and it will be healed in a week!!!

PinkRoxy
20-12-11, 06:44
I quite often think that the doctor doesnt check things properly or thoroughly but Ive learnt that doctors are way mre knowledgable than people give them credit for and they tend to know these things. In the end they end up right anyway in what they say and usually its just me over worrying about the thing.

As for you picking your scab if it wont stop bleeding or not getting infected then I wouldnt worry about it. Or if you like maybe go and see a nurse at your doctors clinic and show them to ease your mind.

But seriously I wouldnt worry about doctors not doing their job properly esp if you know them well enough because they usually just know by what you tell them.

MarkJames3
20-12-11, 17:12
Thanks guys :)

When is ay it came off like a scab, i mean i picked it off quite easily rather than a mole which i guess would be very hard to pick off your skin....

The thing looked like a mole because it was light brown in colour, but as is ay it came off quite easy... i stuck a plaster over it last night and today to stop me picking it more and it seems to have started healing.

Just had a rough day today with thoughts of what if it was a bad mole and i've picked off now and i wont know now if it was bad or not.... or thoughts of what if it is a mole and i've picked it and made it worse.... gah!!

But im guessing if it was a bad mole (i dont like to use the C word as you can see!) and i picked it off, it wouldn't heal properly or would come back?

And if it was just a normal mole and ive picked it off... then i guess lots of people have caught a mole or scratched one off or cut one shaving right?

I guess im just looking for some rational advice.... my haed has been going in circles all day, one minute i think im over reacting and the next i think the worst!