PDA

View Full Version : Panic when I go away - Help Please

lw228
19-12-11, 19:36
Hello

I have a major issue with going on holiday anywhere, when I am away from my initial family. I cant stop panicking and crying which is horrible. I literally cannot make myself go... or if I go I have to go home ASAP! Its horrible... I have been like this since I was 9 years old.. I am 21 now and its starting to ruin my life and cause issues within different relationships :(

Is there anyway that I can get over this.. as I really want to go away and be able to overcome this phobia :(

Thank you

william wallace
19-12-11, 23:58
Take your laptop and Skype them:)

Tero
20-12-11, 00:29
Hmm, the holiday and anxiety and travel all pile up. I would arrange the travel for after the 26th to even out the struggle.

HVC
08-01-12, 21:36
I to have the same phobia.. been the same for many years I am now 44 ! however, on a positive note I have overcome it many times, its a fear of being away from whats familiar to me, don't know if you feel the same. The first few days I wake up in a strange place its really scary. I've on the other hand been on loads of holidays and have managed to overcome it. Unfortunately for me despite this, about 4 years ago I went away with my son and his step dad and had a massive panic attack (I think it stemmed from staying in a villa very far away from the resort and made me feel very insecure not being close. Only two days into the holiday and I had to come home, my husband didn't know what the hell I was going through.. giving me all the "your safe, your with me... blah blah" but it didn't matter I wasn't home. Haven't managed to go away since, unfortunately its not like getting back on a bike when you fall off.. its an expensive trial to go away to "See how it goes" but I am determined I will overcome it"
Its not a nice thing to have and I totally sympathise but just know you are not alone and so many people get the same. Keep it in your mind your not trapped and you can get home if need be, knowing this helps xxxxx

jude uk
09-01-12, 03:39
We all have safe places or at least we see them as that. The real safe place is within us and how we cope with different places.