PDA

View Full Version : A walk in the park.

william wallace
19-12-11, 21:57
So there I was throwing the heavy stringball for Meggy my English Springer Spaniel when this lady came by with the two fattest ESS's I have ever saw. She said "that's a terrible way to exercise your puppy. I asked her how old her dogs were, and she replied 6 and 7. I looked at her over the rim of my specs and said, "Meggy is 12":D

snowgoose
19-12-11, 22:25
Ach lad :winks:
you can train the dog ............but not the owner .
love springers ..got one next door who chases leaves .My Meg loved her ball also .:)

bottleblond
19-12-11, 22:29
:roflmao::roflmao:

Good on ya!

x

slipstream
22-12-11, 14:52
haha, seems that her dogs don't get any exercise then:lac:

william wallace
22-12-11, 14:59
Well they get a waddle round the park every second day or so:)

Em.ma
24-12-11, 13:35
This made me laugh.
My nans border terrier is fast approaching 12 years old now and despite a little bit of pain from old bones she still loves a good run every morning and is as fit as a fiddle. but she wont play with a ball when shes taken on a walk. but when at home she will bring when up to you and want to play with it ! :)

william wallace
24-12-11, 13:42
I'm just back from that park, you know what really bugs me Emma, is people that take their dog to the park and dont clean up after them. Theres shit all over the place. Some of them bag up their dogs shit and throw it under the hedge by the path. They even leave shit on the football pitch knowing full well that wee boys play footie there on Sundays. If I catch whoever's doing it it's going through their letter box under cover of darkness, manky b4$t4rd$:mad:

Em.ma
24-12-11, 13:45
Our nearest park is the same. I was walking near a dog and its owner the other day and it "did its business" on the pavement and he just carried on walking the dog as normal. I nearly stepped in it!
I noticed you were from Scotland. My mums dad is half scottish- i've never been but really want to. My nan went to the very north of Scotland a few months ago.

D47C
07-01-12, 22:01
That person is an idiot. Some dogs just love this - and it's easier for us too. My dog runs 24/7 after everything and will chase balls until it can't walk - but it looks happy about it, so what can you do?