PDA

View Full Version : Vivid Dreams- Citalopram

MrsDexter
20-12-11, 13:27
I have been taking 40mg Citalopram for almost 4 months and I am feeling better. I seem to have overcome or at least got used to the side effects (ringing in ears, Tiredness, Leg twitches) but the past few weeks I have been experiencing very vivid dreams.

I am sleeping well enough, but the dreams I am having are very vivid, almost real, not nightmares, but not happy dreams either. They invlove me, my husband, people at work (who im not getting on with) or various friends/family. They vary so much but in some I seem to be confronting people and feel angry.
They are so vivid when I wake up im not sure if things have actually happened. I have has to ask my Husband if we have had certain conversations or if things have happened as im not sure if I have dreamt it!

I dont drink tea or coffee, I only drink water (or suger free squash) on an evening. I dont smoke, so I dont think its anything im having but the dreams are worrying me a bit now.

I dont want to go back to GP with this as it seems minor, my next appt with him isnt for 3 weeks, so any advice would be helpful.
Thanks

william wallace
20-12-11, 14:20
I dont think it's the actual dreams that seem to be bugging you, it's more the waking up and not being sure if it was a dream. Best not to lie and think about it. The sooner you are up and about, you'll realise more quickly that it's just been a dream.
Good to hear you're feeling better:welcome:

Kimberley22
21-12-11, 20:02
Mrsdexter, iv just started citalapram but my dreams have been vivid ever since i was around 11? i dream everynight and can tell you almost everydream iv had in the past 11 years, so if that what citalapram does i dont think id notice much lol, but i wouldnt think it be anything to worry about, maybe this is just your side effect x

Tish
21-12-11, 21:15
I used to have PSYCHIC dreams when I was on prozac many years ago. It was fascinating, I really miss them!

william wallace
21-12-11, 22:02
I used to have PSYCHIC dreams when I was on prozac many years ago. It was fascinating, I really miss them!

Do you mean psychedelichttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLy2TIOmKW4OhnKwqixRmxbWa7_yJeh fSqSBuPgOmRCjXgs47HXw

VioletWings
21-12-11, 22:23
I've always been a dreamer, but I've noticed on citalopram I seem to have had some totally whacky dreams.. some so crazy I can't even describe them! It's really rather interesting! :) If vivid dreams are really bothering you it may be good to keep a diary, so you can be sure something was a dream! But I am sure the sooner you get up, as someone said, the better it'll be. Try not to dwell on them.

mjh74
22-12-11, 01:51
My Citalopram dreams are packed with everything I've done that day all wrapped in a bizarre dream. Every little detail I've spoken about or experienced in the day gets acted out in the dream somehow. The dreams are quite neutral feeling too. :unsure:

Tish
22-12-11, 03:53
Ha ha, now that WOULD frighten me Mr. Wallace!