PDA

View Full Version : changing symptoms?

zippy
20-12-11, 13:35
Does anyone set off with a complaint/symptom and then when you are going to get tests etc it goes? I set off with feeling full and nausea and light periods and i convinced myself with google i had ovarian cancer and then my gp said i will send you for a scan. In the meantime waiting for the scan i had loose bowels and bad stomach/wind pains so i was thinking i had bowel/stomach cancer. By the time i got my pelvic scan the feeling full and nausea had gone :ohmy:. My gp said he might said me for a sigmoidoscopy about my bowels. Then i started getting palps and going light headed so i thought there was something wrong with my heart. I had an ecg and it was ok but she said she would send me for a 24 monitor. So i am waiting for the 24hr ecg but i havent had the palps for a few days and its as if they have gone now as well. I now have a really sore spine and it hurts if i turn my head up/down or side to side but i am not going to go to my gp because soon as he says i will send you to get it checked out it goes. I am going to try and say to myself wait a few weeks to see if it goes and then if it doesnt visit my gp.Anyone else like this?

nomorepanic
20-12-11, 14:33
This is typical HA I have to say and unless you can address that underlying issue you will move from one illness to another constantly seeking reassurance before moving on to the next ache and pain.

zippy
20-12-11, 14:56
I have got m.e and fibromyalgia so i never know whats with that or whats with anxiety though so it can be difficult

nomorepanic
20-12-11, 15:04
I don't think the things you mentioned above are much to do with ME or Fibromyalgia though (apart from the spine and head pain maybe)

Poke
20-12-11, 16:55
/: Mine shifts from me being worried about having mental illness, to being worried because of intrusive thoughts, to being worried about the food I'm eating having food poisoning in it or something. It constantly is shifting between a wide variety of things.