PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm not going insane...

Poke
20-12-11, 20:25
So there's that. But why am I having insane thoughts and why are they troubling me so much? I keep feeling, and thinking that nothing seems real, that maybe nothing is real and that thought has me feeling entirely too depressed. I'm right here and it feels like my chest has a huge hole in it. I just feel terrible and these thoughts, hard as I try and fight them, keep having a huge impact on me.

They first sprung upon me when I tried to quit Citalopram without the doctor's help. I just stopped taking the pills and my entire world fell out of whack and now those questions have bugged me and have been in the back of my mind ever since.

I'm sick of thinking about it and I'm sick of the effect they're having on me. Is there anything I can do about this?

robinbrum
20-12-11, 20:49
I quite often feel like this but it comes and goes in waves...it's quite a common symptom of depression and anxiety. Never a good idea to just stop any medication though. I would advise going back to see your doctor.
Best of luck.

Mindful
20-12-11, 21:36
I just feel terrible and these thoughts, hard as I try and fight them, keep having a huge impact on me.

I believe the answer is in your own words above.

Fighting them makes them appear more and more, letting them be, accepting them as part of an over tired anxious mind is the way out. :hugs:

I have no experience with meds so cant comment on that

Poke
21-12-11, 21:25
I was just laying down trying to take a nap and these thoughts wouldn't let go of me. I tried to accept them and not fight them but as they kept pounding against me I had never at that time felt more helpless and hopeless. They felt real, and I felt like I was starting to accept them as truth. This is too scary for me. My head started to get so hot that I felt like it was on fire.

I wish I could just fry my brain and delete those thoughts from them like files on a computer.

Poke
30-12-11, 03:27
Small Update: I've had a relatively good few days. The thoughts come up but I'm able to sway them fairly easily. I sit down watch a movie, have some anxiety all throughout it but nothing I can't control. Walk to the computer and play a little computer game and while I'm playing its like someone unloaded the floodgates on me. I'm freaking out, obsessing over my thoughts, feel like there's no way I'm ever going to live a normal life again. I don't know what to do.