PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety help?

ollie88
20-12-11, 22:18
Hey all,

I need some advice. I suffer from anxiety mild really but still plagues me.

I have ibs symptoms. However when i get nervous i get stomach pain that makes me worry and i have to worry about finding a toilet.

I panic about getting stomach pains and needing the toilet. I get hot and palms go sweaty. I just need a method of calming myself down, i dont get it every day but when i feel out of my comfort zone i do.

I always get the what if scenario, normal i have to see what toilets are there. When i go its loose. But people say i have ibs, but i get stomach pains and when i relax they go and they only last for a bout 10 mins.

does it sound like anxiety??? Is there a way of getting round this? I just worry about having one, the pain is an ache not really a crampy feeling. Doctor gave me mebevine yet to try it, Just need advice

anybody else get this

Happy Christmas :)

dusty41
20-12-11, 23:38
Hi it sounds to me like it could be either !! I suffer from anxiety and fluctuate from having loose bowels to constipation ! However about 8 years ago I also had IBS which was controlled with mebevrine, if I remember when I had IBS evertime I ate it would bring on a bad cramping pain and I would have to run to the loo. Eventually after about 2 years I was free of IBS (and the current boyfriend at the time) I think it was brought on from the horrible and stressfull time I was having with him!) Now when My anxiety raises its ugly head I also need the loo more than usual, and also feel nauses !! So for me as you see its a fine line for both !! Hope you feel better soon !! xx

ollie88
21-12-11, 00:06
Thanks for the response :).

I don't get constipation or nausea. When I panick I get stomach aches and get panic like symptoms.

I know it's not foo related. And my stools are loose when I worry sometimes they are solid.

Just want shot of it and finally cure it. Just worry about get stomach pains and not being able to find a loo or getting rid of it.

Just need a cure helllllp

ollie88
21-12-11, 16:28
anyone help???

Andromeda
21-12-11, 17:20
Hi Ollie, have you spoken to your GP about the stomach pains? Is that why you've been prescribed the mebeverine?

ollie88
21-12-11, 17:40
Hey yes i have he seems to think its anxiety. It points to the symptoms. I get pains nothing really painful just an ache. Like when you have an upset stomach just through worrying and my mind takes over..

Just need something to stop the aches or even calm me down. Nothing heavy going natural i guess.

Thanks

Andromeda
22-12-11, 06:01
Putting a lot of strain and stress on your nervous system causes the body to send signals to the digestive system to slow down so that energy and oxygen are not being used up by the digestive tract, this means that the stomach is deprived of energy and certain enzymes that are necessary for digestion which causes digestion to be slowed and could definitely account for the pains you've been experiencing.

Try improving your diet (if you haven't already get lots of greens and fruits in it) and see if that eases the pains a little more!

Peppermint tea is good for encouraging muscle relaxation and can also help to ease pain. It can also settle your stomach!