PDA

View Full Version : Worried about DVT

countrygirl
20-12-11, 23:22
I woke up in the middle of last night laying on my left side and I had not moved so been in same position for many hours and when I moved and got out of bed for loo I got awful pain where your leg joins your body towards outer edge, I could not lift my leg without stabbing pain but as long as I did not walk I was fine. I could not lay on that side again either or got pain in hip and down leg so assumed I had laid on a nerve or something.

By morning I could walk okay but buttock and down back of leg hurt to heel of foot and I keep getting stabbing pains in groin on that side.

Now I have herniated discs in my lower back and get back and leg pain on and off but many years ago my mother got a DVT ( she was taking tamoxifen at time and this is one of the risks with this drug) and she had a DVT from her knee up into her abdomen and she got terrible pain in her thigh and it was swollen and red.

The logical part of my brain is saying that I have laid badly in bed and this has irritated the nerves from my back and I know one of them goes around the groin but the ha part is saying what if you have a DVt and its nearly xmas and no Drs open after friday.

Help!