PDA

View Full Version : Doing really well....but why do i feel so depressed? Please reply :(

Littlehelper123
20-12-11, 23:25
Ive had panic attacks n anxiety for 18 months now and for the past couple of months ive been having hypnotherapy and its been working really well. Ive been going out, been with friends , and generally started getting my life back on track.

However , theres this horrible depressed mood i keep getting where i feel empty and like im on auto pilot... Im ony 17 so i cant have anti depressents and iv done so well not taking any medication so i want to continue not taking medication.

I dont see my hypnotherapist until january now.

Has anyone else ever had this? The moods are terrible. Sometme the thoughts are suicide thoughts but ive never wanted to do anything .... They just pop up n then go but sometimes i freak out if they are there

I havent told my parents abiut the thoughts because im scared theyd worry over them.

Do you think this is just part of the healing process?

Thank u xxxx

erin31
20-12-11, 23:48
You have done really well with your panic attacks and anxiety which is fantastic. I do though think that if you have loving and supportive parents it may help to tell them how you are feeling now. I am a great deal older than you are (I have children older than you) but I have suffered from anxiety, panic and depression since I was you age and I really think that it would of helped if I could of talked it through with someone. Today I can talk things through with my husband and his support is a huge help to me. Also knowing what it is like to suffer from depression I always tell my children that if they ever feel in the least depressed or even just down or unhappy to please tell me. I would hate to think of my children ever suffering alone like I did.

With reference to your thoughts of suicide, yes when I am severely depressed I have thoughts of suicide yet like yourself I never actually think of committing suicide and really do not think I would ever do but yes those thoughts buzz around my head. Why I do not know but I do know it helps when I discuss them with my husband and he in turn knows that because I do talk through how I am feeling these are just thoughts and no more.

Tero
21-12-11, 00:31
It's dark winter, is it maybe SAD?
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression, winter blues, summer depression, summer blues, or seasonal depression, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer,[1] spring or autumn year after year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder