PDA

View Full Version : HIV Test

panicattack247
21-12-11, 05:09
yes I know its silly but I had unprotected sex twice about 6 weeks ago, it was with someone I knew and trusted and she was adamant that i was the first person she had sex with since she got tested so as she was a friend of a good friend I trusted her, (but im not doing it again haha).

I have been sick lately and i got some blood tests, turned out to be Glandular Fever, but the doctor did STD tests, just to be sure (HIV, Hep C, Chlamydia). and they all came back negative but the tests were taken 37 days after the first encounter and 33 days after the second, is this too soon to make any conclusions?

panicattack247
21-12-11, 13:54
any help??

Liliana83
21-12-11, 17:57
Ideally, it's better to test after 3 months of unprotected sex for most STDs. But why stress yourself out? Just re-test after 3 months to ease your mind..until then there is no reason for you to freak out.

southey
13-07-12, 12:41
The average time to seroconversion is 21 days. All the recommendations tell us to test at a minimum of six weeks past the exposure and to follow up with a final test at 3 months.

A negative result at 6 weeks is likely not to change but still a 3 month confirmatory test is still needed.

Steve.