PDA

View Full Version : please help i beg you

wantsnewfriends
21-12-11, 20:52
hi im 24 and i get severe panic attacks but at the moment im so spaced out i feel like im not here. im worrying about my breathing through my nose because it feels funny and my dreams are more realistic than life right now im so scared. im staying at my cousins house (nathaniel scalazi) and he keeps telling me im fine but i dont feel fine. im in a state if something was wrong i wouldnt look right but i feel so spaced out any suggestions please help me.

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

also i keep thinking i got so much saliva in my throat and mouth it feels like that. i was born with an underbite google it if you want to know what that is. please help and thanks for reading.

Mindful
21-12-11, 22:19
hi im 24 and i get severe panic attacks but at the moment im so spaced out i feel like im not here. im worrying about my breathing through my nose because it feels funny and my dreams are more realistic than life right now im so scared. im staying at my cousins house (nathaniel scalazi) and he keeps telling me im fine but i dont feel fine. im in a state if something was wrong i wouldnt look right but i feel so spaced out any suggestions please help me.

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

also i keep thinking i got so much saliva in my throat and mouth it feels like that. i was born with an underbite google it if you want to know what that is. please help and thanks for reading.

Everything you described has been felt by most people with anxiety-panic. Please dont worry that its anything more than that, it isnt!

You feel spaced out because your mind is tired, its over whelmed with all the what if thoughts.

You feel like your breathing through your nose is funny is because you have started to take notice of it and have interfered with a natural process, the more you notice it, the more worried you become, the more you notice it, the more worried you become.. can you see the cycle?

Let your breathing feel funny, it wont do you any harm, yes its annoying and can be frightening when you dont know why its happening but the reason it happens is because you are thinking about it. Letting it be there, funny or not, in time you will think of it less and less.

Your mouth is full of saliva because of anxiety, because you are again inwardly thinking about it, you have focused on your saliva in your mouth and now notice it more and more, which brings on more worry which means you think about it more and more... see the cycle again?

You have to break the cycle of fearing all these strange sensations that an anxious tired mind brings. You break it by accepting every sensation for what it is, just sensations caused by anxiety. When you accept, you slowly stop to fear them, when you stop to fear them they matter less and less and start to fade away. :bighug1:

wantsnewfriends
22-12-11, 00:03
thank you but i some what disagree, because the panic attacks have calmed i have started drinking again. i feel worried about most things. if im having a good day my mind will give me something to worry about. anyway i have a thing called derialisation please google it and let mr knoe what you think. x

robinbrum
22-12-11, 00:14
I am 21 years older than you and have lived with these symptoms for over 25 years. They do get better although at the time they seem terrifying. Learn to live with them and they will diminish. If the feelings persist go to your GP and get some professional advice. Try not to worry too much.
Best of luck.

suzy-sue
22-12-11, 00:23
Alcohol causes Anxiety ..Your SYMPTOMS of derealisation are Caused by Anxiety ..The Fear it causes keep s the cycle going .Mindful is quite right with her reply .Stop drinking and learn some Relaxation and Deep breathing skills .Read this too .................................................. .................................................. ....Now for the Brain , the limbic system in the brain instigates this whole response and is responsible too for our emotions and behaviour One of the body symptoms that people hate most is the one when you feel all foggy, surreal, woozy or spacey. You may either feel that you are not real or that the earth is not real and you're a time warp away. These are often the hardest symptoms to understand and its very common to deduce that you must be going mad which makes you panic even more. This is completely untrue and you are very safe.
You feel like you are not a part of what is going on, or that you feel like you are in a dream state or 'out of touch with things'. Also, things around you may seem like they are shimmering, foggy, hazy or too bright.
What causes this:

As we learned in Understanding, the body and mind are tightly integrated. What affects one affects the other. This symptom is another example of how an over stimulated nervous system can cause us to experience odd and impaired feelings, emotions and perceptions. Much like how a psychoactive or recreational drug can alter one's mental state, an over active nervous system can affect certain body chemistries thereby producing mind altering effects. The feeling of unreality or disassociation is one type of altered mental state that high levels of stress biology can produce.
It is not completely understood what goes here but it is generally thought that the limbic system in the brain decides there is too much going on and goes into a self protection mode and shuts out excess stimuli. As the adrenaline levels decrease and you calm down it clears. This can be several hours days or weeks.

Greenman50
22-12-11, 17:18
thank you but i some what disagree, because the panic attacks have calmed i have started drinking again. i feel worried about most things. if im having a good day my mind will give me something to worry about. anyway i have a thing called derialisation please google it and let mr knoe what you think. x

Hi mate

Its very good advice from suzy sue / mindful / robin .

Its very difficult to get your head around it all i know i,ve been there but you will get there , i,ve recently relised drink doesn,t help , it does at the time but you pay for it the next day

tomewer
22-12-11, 19:34
Mindful has nailed it as far as I am concerned. It is the acceptance that the symptoms will come about and that there's little you can do about it, that will ultimately put you on the path to recovery. Ironic I know, but that's the way it is.