PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a fear of going death?

Em.ma
21-12-11, 21:58
I found a way to cope with my anxiety is listen to my Ipod a lot- it helps me relax and calm down. I listen to it in the car on the bus as i hate being on the road and a lot at home aswell how ever things seem not a loud as to as what they used to and like im struggling to hear. I have used ear phones for well over 5 years now as a way to take away stress but now im finding my self now wanting to as i fear going death:shrug:

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

Should be *Deaf oops

Rod
21-12-11, 21:59
You mean going Deaf I think. I would go and get your hearing checked for your own peace of mind. Its an easy test and they can monitor it over time and see if there are any changes.

Em.ma
21-12-11, 22:02
Yes i mean Deaf :)
I'm giving up on the ear phones now.

mikewales
22-12-11, 08:17
Yes, inner ear headphones can cause hearing damage, particularly if you have them turned up loud.

Geoff2301
22-12-11, 09:15
Hopefully, its just a build up of wax in the ears........ get your gp to look in your ears and check them out. The ears produce more wax if you're in a constant noisy environment so a good syringing will hopefully do the trick.

Em.ma
22-12-11, 16:10
Ok.
Today i got on the bus today but i got to panicky and had to use them to calm down...
I swear things seem quuiter to me but i just can not be to sure.
Will they cause damage to the point were i go completly deaf?

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

I did an online hearing test and the result came back OK... do gps do hearing tests?

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

I don't know why this is making me panic. every thing seems so quiet or am i just thinking it is. the tele is nearly silent to me. It's making my heart race like mad. My fear is that i will go 100 per cent deaf.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

also can stopping using ear phones make my hearing improve again?

mikewales
22-12-11, 17:02
At your age any damage should be reversible, it may not even be damage could just need your ears cleaning out

Em.ma
22-12-11, 17:08
Thanks. Very tempted to throw my earphones out the window!

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

volume feels ok again now. anyway i booked a gp app in the new year a few mins ago over the phone. i bet its nothing and ill be told just to stop using the ear phones

Em.ma
22-12-11, 23:22
i am also getting weird undesriable feelings in my ear now. its like an itch but not an itch. i cant describe it- its just odd. it feels irriated