PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!! I am so scared!

Betsyboo9034
22-12-11, 11:27
Hi everyone, I have had a problem with an itchy left nipple for awhile, I posted about it earlier. Now I am waiting for my period, it is two days late. My doctor mentioned something about my periods being normal when I went to see her about my nipple rash. Now that it is late I have convinced myself I have breast cancer. I am having a panic attack about it. I can't stop worrying and it is making everything worse. I just want to cry. I know it doesn't make sense but I cannot stop worrying!

swgrl09
22-12-11, 12:51
Don't worry, they ask that at every appointment ... no matter what you go in for, if it is gynecological, they will ask you. And 2 days late is not too big of a deal, stress can delay it.

Janeeey
22-12-11, 14:04
Hi - I just replied to your other thread. Periods can be so screwed up with stress - mine went crazy for two years and I still get odd issue which I try and stay calm about!

Your late period won't be affected in anyway to your breast - other than stress, another option is that you ovulated a few days later than normal which would also cause a later period. You will be fine - take comfort that you have seen your GP xx

Betsyboo9034
22-12-11, 19:24
Thanks you guys. I am feeling a little bit calmer now. I think I am going to start working on CBT, so eventually I can feel better.

Janeeey
23-12-11, 15:56
I really recommend CBT. I have been through 3 years of awful HA - its not gone, but compared to where I was last Christmas I would say I am 90% better now and really enjoy life again. CBT (and medication!) has played a huge role in that. Good luck xx

Betsyboo9034
24-12-11, 13:20
Just a little update, I haven't gotten my period yet. I am worried again. I have had sex with my boyfriend, but always with a condom. I am worried I didn't notice a hole in the condom, or like, he had semen on his hands or something, and I am pregnant.
I am still scared about the breast cancer. I cannot do anything about it, I am in Spain for the holidays and I am still stressing about it.
It sucks that CBT doesn't work right away. I am trying to work at it though.

Tero
24-12-11, 14:05
You will need to work out the pregnancy issue, so get some test kits. One problem at a time!

shadylady
24-12-11, 22:46
Hi everyone, I have had a problem with an itchy left nipple for awhile, I posted about it earlier. Now I am waiting for my period, it is two days late. My doctor mentioned something about my periods being normal when I went to see her about my nipple rash. Now that it is late I have convinced myself I have breast cancer. I am having a panic attack about it. I can't stop worrying and it is making everything worse. I just want to cry. I know it doesn't make sense but I cannot stop worrying!
hi are you sure your not just itchy off you bra , i woudlnt of thought thats its serious go see your gp :D