PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do.

beth0277
22-12-11, 15:39
I'm a mess...I developed severe health anxiety during my pregnancy 2 years ago. It got blown out of proportion after I had my son and had some health problems. I was put on Zoloft 2 weeks after he was born and within 3 days couldn't feel my bladder at all. I had to be cath'd to pee and they were blaming my c-section, even though I had been peeing fine. I went off the Zoloft and within a few days my bladder felt normal. I went on a few other SSRI's and felt a lot better, but I was still getting asymptomatic UTI's all the time. (Didn't know I had them until I went to the dr for something else). I finally saw a Urologist in September and they said I was retaining a small amount of urine, which is what was causing my UTI's. I read that can be caused my SSRI's, so I went off Prozac and at the next 3 checks my urine retention was gone and I had no more UTI's.

Well, in the last few weeks my anxiety has come back full force. I was first convinced that I was in liver failure, then kidney problems, and now I am CONVINCED that I have MS. I feel like even though my last 3 bladder checks were normal, I still have the problem and it is all neurological. Also, in the last few weeks, I have had a lot of arm tingling (waking me up at night) and most recently an odd smell (something burning) and a super sensitivity to other smells.

My GP wasn't too concerned but said I can get an MRI if I want to. I am just nervous because I know that if you have migraines, which I do, the MRI's can come back as "suspicious" even if you don't have MS. I don't think I could physically or mentally handle going through a waiting period to see if anything changed in my MRI.

I don't know what to do. I am a mess. I feel like giving up.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

I should also add that I have had the little "glitter" flashes in my vision, along with my more "normal" anxiety symptoms, like panic attacks.