PDA

View Full Version : Heat intolerance -can it harm you?!!

VioletWings
22-12-11, 17:23
Hi everyone,

I was just doing some Christmas shopping, and all was going fine until the last shop I went in. I wanted to get one more little thing and while I was deciding and about to pay I got absolutely boiling hot, I started to feel a tiny bit woozy. I'd peeled my leather jacket off already but was holding too much to take anything else off! I was too hot, and I didn't even cool down when I got outside! I am cooled down sufficiently now but feeling a bit breathless. I always feel like heat intolerance could do you damage -could it!?!

snowgoose
22-12-11, 17:55
NO ........it wont harm you Violetwings honest :hugs:
We get hot through anxiety and hormonal changes ..........and no harm will be done . get outside if you can and breathe deep the cold air ...lovely .
I get this all the time and drive family bonkers. Especially when nervy and on edge ..........coat on and off like bloody yo yo .
just readjust to it when it happens . You did well shopping in this xmas madness so very normal in overheated shops and the crowds .

take care .love your signature . xxxx

VioletWings
22-12-11, 21:22
Thanks, snowgoose, that's good to know! Horrible isn't it? Especially if you're waiting in a queue in a shop! Sometimes I've given up on things like that because of overheating!

And thank you, love your signature too! (and your avatar) xx

marlowe78
08-11-15, 16:39
I'm having a bout of this now in my apartment. It's cold here and the heat in our building had been running for about a half-hour, for some reason. I'm guessing the boiler didn't switch off. I opened the windows and shut the valves on our radiators but my chest is tightening up and when I got to my feet I felt lightheaded. Scary!