PDA

View Full Version : Been referred to Psychotherapy and Complex Needs service.

Alicat
22-12-11, 20:01
Hi everyone,

Well, I just thought I'd let you know that after being referred to a CBT therapist who couldn't help and just rubbed me up the wrong way, and then a Psychodynamic counsellor, I've been referred to Psychotherapy. I have to fill in a really detailed questionnaire, so I think I'll have to think about what I'm going to write!

ElizabethJane
22-12-11, 20:24
This is good news for you. It would seem that psychotherapy is few and far between on the NHS. I would try to make the most of it. I have had years of psychotherapy in the past in groups and individual and at times got very attached to my therapists. It brought me to where I am today and a greater understanding of myself but it did not cure me. One of the treatment centres that I was in was 'the Cassel hospital in London. This is hospital which has a worldwide reputation for psychotherapy in an inpatient setting. Best of luck if there is anything I can add to help please PM me. EJ/.

Alicat
26-12-11, 22:26
Thank you! That's really nice of you :)

I think my friend stayed at the Cassel hospital.

I'm going to do my best to make the most of it. I'm taking my time to think about what I write in the questionnaire so they have as much detail as possible and I'm going to try and cover things that I haven't been able to in counselling. I'm quite self-aware I think, but I need help to overcome things. Hopefully this will be what I need

I hope you've had a good Christmas xx

Alicat
15-05-12, 22:08
Hi there,

Just thought I'd update you. I had the first assessment last Wednesday. I met a lovely therapist who got me to talk about the problems and issues I have. You may know this already, but they give you 2 or 3 assessments before you get the actual treatment so I'll be going back in a few weeks.

The lady said she already thinks that she has an idea of what might suit me, outpatients Transpersonal therapy. The only problem is that I'm due for spinal surgery sometime in the not too distant future (I feel like I've been saying that forever) I'll be out of action for about a year so that would really interfere with therapy. I don't know what's going to happen! It's all up in the air!

Anyway, that's what's happening with me :huh: