PDA

View Full Version : help, lump

guiltyw
06-06-06, 20:45
I know this sounds really strange,and fell a bit embarrassed but it is really worrying me. About 15 moinths ago I had some rectal bleeding, saw dr, had a scope, was just piles. Well because of my health anxiety, I started poking around, I found a small lump, mobile, felt as if it was in a capsule, it is situated in the wll that separates the vagina from the rectum, about 2cm inside me. It is very close to where I had an episiotomy 15 years ago for a forceps delivery. It was a deep cut and got infected, it almost feels like a lymph node inside me. I am worried it is something nasty, the past 15months have been hell.

Any ideas as to what it could be would be appreciated.

Thanks.

manmoor
06-06-06, 20:51
Hi there,

I remember tormenting my doctor 5 years ago about wee lumps I was finding. I seemed to find a new one everyday but doc got really cross after my 9th visit and told me off so that stopped that. I can remember moving onto some other symptom at that time. Hope this helps.

Mandyx

giddy
06-06-06, 22:09
Hi
Maybe its just scar tissue from your episiotomy?
Love Helen

guiltyw
06-06-06, 22:19
That is what I thought of initially but can scar tissue feel like a smooth round lump

guiltyw
07-06-06, 15:24
Just wondered if anybody else on the forum might have any ideas, am going to go to drs but feel really anxious. I know tumours are supposed to feel hard and immovable, this lump is mobile and feels encapsulated, could it br a lipoma, can you get them internally. It really feels like a lymph node, could that be possible.

Anxious, guiltyw.

boy
07-06-06, 17:53
If it's smooth and moveable and feels a bit like a lymph node, then it might be one. And since it's moveable it doesn't sound dangerous to me. Hope you're ok.

PurpleRain
07-06-06, 19:17
Maybe it could be a cyst as they can appear in this area. If you can get to your doctor they can help you and put your mind at rest!
I worried about a lump near my ear and found out its just a cyst..let us know how you get on!
Good luck
Take care xx

eeyorelover
08-06-06, 02:06
I have a small lump like that on my c section scar and had it looked at by the doc and she said it was just the way the internal stitches healed. Said that she had seen it many times before.

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself. "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

- Elenor Roosevelt

guiltyw
08-06-06, 11:12
Saw GP today, referring me to hospital, I am so scared, HELP.

guiltyw
08-06-06, 12:37
Was your lump situated where mine is, how did you discover it (if you don't mind me asking). x

PurpleRain
08-06-06, 18:22
Hi,
Glad you went to see the gp,did they give you any indication as to what the cause might be?
Try not to worry yourself to much!!,Easier said than done i know sorry!!
Ive a bad pain in my back today and i keep telling myself not to worry its probably just a pulled muscle but why do all our positive thoughts get pushed to the back of our minds!!??...So difficult i know!

Do you know how long you have to wait for your hospital appointment?
Good luck im sure you'll be fine!
Thinking of you, Take care xx

guiltyw
08-06-06, 18:37
Hi purplerain, didn't give any indication what it might be, she seemed a bit perplexed, felt it probably wasn't anything sinister, but that doesn't surprise me, they always say that. Have got private medical insurance through boyfriend's work so shouldn't have to wait too long.

Am so scared it is something like a sarcoma, don't know if you can get them in this area, going out of my mind. x

PurpleRain
08-06-06, 19:08
Hi,
Glad for you that you wont have to wait too long,the waiting is just the worst thing for our minds!!
Im sure your mind will be at ease soon,if your doctor thought it was more serious she would have sent you to the hospital asap so try and reassure yourslf knowing this.
It sounds to me like a blocked gland or a cyst which are both easily treatable.
Try not to think the worst,i know its scary but try and focus on the easily treatable things it could be!

Hope you feel better soon and let us know how you get on!!
Take care xx

jackie
08-06-06, 19:52
sounds like a simple lump in what i would imagine is a lumpy area

im so sure it is nothing to worry about

jackie

guiltyw
13-06-06, 16:12
Saw gynaecologist, (got private health care with boyfriends work so got quick appointment) she said she thinks it is an inclusion cyst, happens where there has been trauma, and as I was cut internally for an episiotomy that would expalin it. I had told her before she examined me that I am anxious about health, she said if I wanted she would see me in 3 months time to check it.
I left feeling fine, then within a few hours the doubts start coming back into my head, why does she want to see me in 3 months, she obviously thinks there is a chance it could be something sinister so wants to keep an eye on it. Now I can't stop checking it, I don't want to, but I am worried it will get bigger and I need to be aware of this.

Will it get bigger in just 3 months if it is sinister, does anybody know.

Sorry to go on, just thought I would feel calmer about it, and I don't

whatisitnow
13-06-06, 18:44
Your right as rain guiltyw! Go out or stop in and have a quality evening with a glass of wine with you fella [8D][:X]

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

PurpleRain
13-06-06, 22:24
Hi again!
Wow that was quick...must look into this private healthcare!
Im sure that she wants to see you again mainly because she wants to put your mind at rest after you mentioned about your health anxieties.( and she left this for you to decide right?) If it was anything more serious then she would have arranged more tests for you etc?
Did she mention having it removed at all? You really are fine and need to focus on something else to occupy your thoughts,maybe read a book or go for a walk? If it would really help you to stop worrying could you have it removed,that way its gone and out your mind completely.
Take care xx