PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new and finally accepting I need support!

Haybee
23-12-11, 00:55
Hi, I'm a 24 year old female from Birmingham. Have always been a worrier and had low self esteem, OCD tendencies and periods of low mood but its really come to a head over the past year, particularly with health anxiety. ended up in a&e a few weeks ago as hadnt slept all night and my heart was going like mad and its been a real downward slope since. Am currently trying to force down the anxiety but have felt like I've been having a panic attack for like the last 3 days, it has been horrible. think i will be on here trying to calm down a lot in future! so hi everyone, looking forward to speaking to you! :)

nomorepanic
23-12-11, 00:58
Hi Haybee

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Deb51967
23-12-11, 01:11
Hi, and welcome. I have only just joined tonight. I only got a welcome from the moderator.

It is difficult to resolve situations that your family don't understand.

I am sure that there are lots of other people on here who can help you.

Haybee
23-12-11, 01:27
hi debbie, thanks for the reply. i read your post from earlier, sounds like you have a lot to deal with, i hope this forum helps you feel a bit better! i know what you mean with the agoraphobia thing, i rarely leave the house either, and as i cant get a job i dont even have that to force me out! im usually alright once im out but damn its hard to get me up and going lol. its good your work hours can be adjusted to suit you though!

im not on any meds as im only just coming to terms and plucking courage up to go docs, i hope my dr is more understanding than yours :P are you considering cbt or counselling or anything? they really dont appeal to me at all, i would rather have the "easy" option of meds lol.

(p.s. i am probably going to try to sleep now so if i dont reply til another time thats why :) )

saro
23-12-11, 03:36
Welcome to you both :) Its good that you are accepting support.. nmp is a great place to get that :)