PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain around the heart area.....

kimberley95
23-12-11, 11:08
I am getting sharp pains around my heart area. I am worrying it is a heart problem. It is not there all the time, it comes and goes. I have had it listened to by two doctors and they have both said it is fine but I worry they have missed something! ????

VioletWings
23-12-11, 12:08
Hey kimberley, I know how worrying chest pains can be. If the doctors have listened to your heart and say it's fine, then try your best to believe them =) It's obviously beating fine and in rythym. If they heard anything unusual they'd have sent you for an ECG. Chest pain is very common in anxiety, the muscles tighten and tense, and you can get nerve pains. I know it's hard not to worry, but the less you worry, the quicker anxiety symptoms will go. Are you getting any other anxiety symptoms right now? (just asking 'cause sometimes it helps reassure me if I'm getting more than one symptom!)
*hugs*

Dazza
24-12-11, 00:53
Chest pain is very common, and is caused by several things, mostly things that are not related to the heart.

I've had many chest pains over, and some have been severe to the point of feeling I would pass out... none of them were due to the heart, but to stomach cramps (the stomach sack sits right next to the heart) and also muscle tension.

If the doctor has checked you out, then it's fine. :) I know it's hard to believe it sometimes... I used to always disbelieve them, but now I do believe them... I've got a doctor who I really trust, and he knows about my anxiety and my needs for reassurance so he's very thorough with me and always explains stuff... even drawing diagrams for me when he wants to explain some stuff!

Once I started to believe that the pains were not from my heart, they eventually went... our mind is so powerful, and if we worry about a certain symptom, it will get worse or more frequent. That was the case with my bad chest pains, until I finally started to accept that they weren't from the heart.

hug

nomorepanic
24-12-11, 00:55
heart pain is not usually heart pain if that makes sense and can be tension and muscular

eva82
24-12-11, 02:09
Sometimes sharp pains in the heart area that come and go could also be trapped gas.. Just a thought.. :)