PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done the treadmill ECG?

VioletWings
23-12-11, 12:12
Just wondering what it's like! I don't want to be getting puffed out on this test! Though the doctor said it's just walking. Anyone know how long it takes?

Thanks.

robinbrum
23-12-11, 12:23
The ones at my gym have various settings which range from a brisk walk to a full blown jog so you can set it to suit your own requirements.

xtremx
23-12-11, 16:10
Just wondering what it's like! I don't want to be getting puffed out on this test! Though the doctor said it's just walking. Anyone know how long it takes?

Thanks.

Hi, I have just had a treadmill ecg yesterday. It takes between 6-9mins for the test its self and intotal 30 mins for the appointment as they do a ecg before the test and blood pressure(lying down) then a ecg and bp when you stand up and then the treadmill still doing the ecg and bp the treadmill speeds up every 3 mins and gets a little steeper untill you hit your target pulse rate 220-your age so mine target was 180 and then you can stop or if you wish carry on.

When you come of the treadmill you rest for about 5min then have a ecg and bp again and then you get the results and leave a bit knackered but ok

Btw i am overweight and not very active but managed to last 9min 12s
and all was ok so proud of that

Good luck:yesyes:

nomorepanic
23-12-11, 19:35
I did about 12 minutes and I too am overweight, not very fit and this was having had a heart attack in the past so you will be fine!

VioletWings
10-01-12, 12:10
Whew, thanks all of you, and well done! haha, honestly, I get exhausted so easily.
Thanks xtremx for the rundown of how it goes. I know what to expect now! Must say I was a little worried when the letter said you'll be at the hospital for 45mins. I thought oh dear -I'll never last that long on a treadmill!!
I have some sort of virus at the minute so am feeling kind breathless. My test is Thursday morning but not sure if I'll manage it while I'm still feeling ill!? Any advice on this? - as in do you think it's best not to do it when you are feeling ill? Maybe I should just call and explain..