PDA

View Full Version : Question here for thyroxine takers

sarahlou1983
23-12-11, 18:01
question here for thyroxine takers......

have any of you changed the time you take your medication,i had my dose increased 3 days ago and i felt really dizzy ,asked doctor if i could change the time and he said it was fine .............

lelespears
23-12-11, 20:13
I do! I take mine at night it's meant to be better for the body to absorb it..

What dose were u on?

Lele x

cathycrumble
23-12-11, 20:45
I take mine as soon as I wake and about half hour befor breakfast and ur new dose will not affect you it takes about 6 weeks to start having affect. I have got from 75mcg to100mcg and i have to have my blood test 8 weeks later

Cathy

sarahlou1983
23-12-11, 21:07
snap i went from 75mg to 100mg 3 days ago......... i also take mirtazapine at night, so i cant really work out that is causing the dizzyness...its concerning me a little.the doctor said it would be fine,but now im not sure..whether to leave it and see if it inproves.....or what..........Dont want to be feeling rough over xmas

countrygirl
23-12-11, 22:31
I used to be advisor for a thyroid info charity so here is what I would have advised.

It is best to take your thryoxine first thing in the morning about half an hour before food with a glass of water and not at exact same time as any other medication. This means you will absorb the most on an empty stomach.

We advised people not to take it before bed as in some people this caused sleeplessness.

It takes at least 4-6 weeks for any change in dosage to be detectable by blood test, thyroxine has a half life of up to 2 weeks so whether you are increasing or decreasing your dose no great change will happen in under 2 weeks.

I have never head of thyroxine causing dizzinees unless you severely overdose causing a racing heartbeat so possibly your dizzinees is unrelated to the drug and just a coincidence- were you worried about increasing your dose and more anxious than usual??

If you need any more questions answered please just ask.

sarahlou1983
24-12-11, 15:13
yes i was i also take mirtazapine at night im wondering whether it could be that causing the problem