PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

duke246810
23-12-11, 22:05
I went to the nurse and she said my temp was up only a little bit, but my throat feels like its closing up and im scared ill stop breathing in my sleep or something, or the flem will block my throat :( i am really run down at the moment and im taking trimithoprim for a urine infection and im scared it will cause me to not respond to any anti-biotics if i were to develop anymore infections or complications..

Also i took a trimithoprim with two anadin paracetamols.. is this ok?

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Also is it bad if i get a fever during the night? obviously i cant get up and take paracetamols so will it harm me? lol :(

MaryMac
23-12-11, 22:13
Sounds to me like you've just got a cold/flu virus! The cold is actually something that doesn't bother me at all, in fact it's a relief because then I think when I have the cold that nothing else will happen to me haha. If the nurse said your temp was only up a little, that's normal when you have the cold. Think of the MILLIONS of people who have a virus right now who will go to bed and the phlegm won't block their throat. Sure it's annoying but give it a few days or so and you'll feel so much better and you'll wonder what all the worrying was about! :) x

swgrl09
23-12-11, 23:21
If you are worried about the phlegm, just prop yourself up with some pillows, but i assure you that you won't have your throat blocked! It just helps with the annoyance.

Em.ma
24-12-11, 15:13
If you have a urine infection and a cold it will make your temp rise. But its ok x