PDA

View Full Version : Shortness of breath question

j2
24-12-11, 00:58
I have been feeling tightness in my chest area and shortness of breath for several days. Today I was lightly jogging on the treadmill while wearing a heart rate monitor and while I fell short of breath my heart rate was pretty constant. Does anyone know if it is logical to assume that if my heart isn't racing due to an actual lack of oxygen then the shortness of breath and chest tightness is probably anxiety just making me feel like crap again? I ran a couple of miles at a slow pace and it didn't really change how I was feeling better or worse with my breathing and chest tightness. As is so often the case I am fearing heart and lung issues and just trying to rationalize myself into feeling better. For the record, I am a 40 yr old male, not on meds and I jog lightly 3 or 4 times a week. I appreciate all of you for taking time to read this and give me your opinion. Thanks and God bless.

J2

robinbrum
24-12-11, 01:11
I would think you're probably right in assuming that. I have an exercise regime pretty much like your own and I don't think one has any bearing on the other. It may be that initially you feel a little breathless when you start to exercise but it usually evens its self out. Exercise is a great stress-buster when you do it right - only wish I was getting more of it right now!
Best wishes.
Rob.