PDA

View Full Version : News about No Panic (the charity)

nomorepanic
24-12-11, 01:47
For those that know about the charity No Panic will know that I work closely with them and have done for years

Sadly in October this year Colin Hammond the founder of No Panic died. I was asked at the time not to let anyone know until it was announced and the No Panic newsletter has just come out so I wanted to let people that are not members know.

Colin was highly respected in his work and dedication to No Panic and was even awarded and MBE for his work.

Please note the new details as follows:

Helpline Number: 0800 138 8889

New address:

No Panic
Unit 3 Prospect House
Halesfield 22
Telford
Shropshire
TF7 4QX

They are now closed until 3rd Jan

I have met Colin many times and he was a remarkable man that dedicated his later years in life to helping others. RIP Colin

Granny Primark
27-12-11, 05:22
I joined no panic 6 years ago and found them extremely helpful.
So sorry to find out about colins death.
I never met the man but he must have been one hell of a special person.
R.I.P Colin.

shaka
27-12-11, 14:44
I was so sorry to hear about colin
What a lovely man he rip colin

LoriJ
29-12-11, 23:37
I used to work on the no panic helpline and have made many good friends through my years with them. I am very saddened by this news. RIP Colin.

joans60
30-12-11, 17:49
I also was a No Panic member and also became a helpline leader and have met colin personally and he was a lovely person and a very dedicated person to his work
RIP Colinxx

Joan

willsth45
07-01-12, 06:51
I really feel sorry for Colin. Let his sole rest in peace in heaven

Alabasterlyn
07-01-12, 11:07
That is such sad news. I also knew Colin, although had never met him in person. However like others I joined No Panic back in 1994 and after doing a telephone recovery group also used to work on the helpline for many years. He was such a lovely chap and did so much to help other people.