PDA

View Full Version : Books that help?

zombie
24-12-11, 11:07
Has anyone read a book that really helped that they'd recommend?

I'm just reading..

Self-Coaching: The Powerful Program to Beat Anxiety and Depression.

In truth it's the first book I've read on Anxiety, and I have found it interesting and it's has struck some chords with me. But it's just a little too woolly, I think because it's written by an American chappie so some of his example and stories are just not situations I could empathise with.

I'd be interested in anything that addresses anxiety/panic.

zombie
26-12-11, 16:04
C'mon peeps, I know you can read, I've seen some of you on the forum.:)

Someone must have read something that was either interesting or helped even if just a little..:read:

G.Samsa
27-12-11, 04:14
Hiya zombie!

I'd really recommend anything by Claire Weekes, she is brilliant! If you're interested in CBT then Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Dummies is a book with a good variety of information. Mind Over Mood is another good book on CBT. It's thinner than CBT for Dummies but has some useful A4 charts that you can copy and it goes through things step by step which is handy. It is also uses case studies which I find helpful.

Good luck!

Lauren94
28-12-11, 18:59
Anxiety and panic by Paul David is a very good book and helped me recover -'d recommmend it, good luck!

zombie
29-12-11, 08:49
Thank you both, it's much appreciated. I've just ordered one of Claire Weekes, books as her name keeps popping up on the forum. As and when funds allow, I'll look at the others.

Cheers
Z