PDA

View Full Version : Exercise intolerance?? Is this bad?

VioletWings
24-12-11, 12:52
Hi everyone,

I really can't tolerate much exertion. I just went a short walk, then attempted to go on my skateboard for the first time in a while.. I was absolutely exhausted after 5 minutes, and my heartrate was super fast. I've had cardio tests and they're all good so far, just needs to have a treadmill ECG and some other test, but I'm really wondering if this exercise intolerance is a symptom of anxiety or not?
I don't ride a bike anymore because I get exhausted too quickly, walking is the only real exercise I get. I can't do any 'cardio' exercise as it's too exerting.
Any info appreciated! I was just googling and it got me worried :scared15:

Thanks.

Hannah

nomorepanic
24-12-11, 13:02
Are you just unfit maybe?

VioletWings
24-12-11, 13:09
I probably am a little unfit because I don't do so much now (because I don't feel I can).. although I tend to move around quite a lot, I mean just in day to day, I jog up and down the stairs and things =/ I'm a healthy weight and eat pretty healthy (I'm 25 and don't smoke)
Can being unfit really make your heart race that quickly??! Is it dangerous?

Tero
24-12-11, 14:07
Maybe some indoor exercises, get a cheap device, the tv ads are full of them. Do 20 minute at a time. Start 3 days, then 5 days a week.

VioletWings
24-12-11, 22:28
Thanks for the advice folks. So you really think it's just being unfit? I've just been putting my washing out to dry and my heartrate was speeding and I was out of breath quickly, then I keep burping! Is this really ok?